Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
My name is Lysandra and I'm a Kindlaholic!
I live in NC with my Army husband and 4 kids ages 19, 16, 10 and 6. We also have a small zoo with Otis the boxer, Sully the boston terrier and Huckleberry Finn the polydactyl flame point siamese.

I talked DH into letting me get one last week with our tax refund.. It was delivered on Monday after being held hostage by UPS due to "adverse weater conditions"! I thought I was going to have to wait another day to get it.

I've already ordered a skin for it from Decal Girl and a bag from Etsy. Now, I think I may want a cover for it.
I'm currently reading Run for your Life by James Patterson.

Hope to have lots of fun here!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Lysandra - Welcome to the crazy world of Kindleboards!  We are enablers and if you go to the accessories thread you will find more than you ever thought possible for your kindle.  We also like to read a lot and the Book Korner is a wonderful place to find free and inexpensive books, that will make your DH happy).

Looking forward to hearing about what you are reading and your other posts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Lysandra,
Welcome from one newbie to another ! I used to visit Fayetteville quite often as my brother in law was stationed at Bragg.  I see you are also army- We're Air Force- recently retired and spent most of Big Al's career stationed in South Carolina. Recently moved to NC while he's in Afghanistan.  We are right outside W-S. You'll have to let Big Al know how you like the new James Patterson book you're reading- he loves Patterson.  I'm so glad  I ordered a kindle. I love it even more than I thought I would. It's almost too convenient to order new books isnt' it?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mrs. Big Al said:
Hi Lysandra,
Welcome from one newbie to another ! I used to visit Fayetteville quite often as my brother in law was stationed at Bragg. I see you are also army- We're Air Force- recently retired and spent most of Big Al's career stationed in South Carolina. Recently moved to NC while he's in Afghanistan. We are right outside W-S. You'll have to let Big Al know how you like the new James Patterson book you're reading- he loves Patterson. I'm so glad I ordered a kindle. I love it even more than I thought I would. It's almost too convenient to order new books isnt' it?
Wow, we have alot in common! I'm from SC! So, Big Al was either at Shaw or Charleston?
I LOVE Patterson! I sampled it first from Kindle and was hooked! I haven't been able to put it down. The whole murder/detective/forensics/legal dramas are what I like to read. He will love it, I'm sure!
Tell Big Al Hello! My dh will be joining him in Afghanistan in a few weeks.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Lysandra! Always room for another Kindleholic.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hi Lysandra and welcome! You are in good company here as we all are addicts when it comes to everything Kindle! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Lysandra! You'll have to tell me about the Run book. I was thinking of having Mrs. Big Al download it for me, but wasn't sure how good it was. If you say its good, I'll take your word for it!
So what part of SC are you from? I grew up in Columbia, served in the Air National Guard for a few years at McEntire ANG Base in Columbia and then on active duty for 16 years at Shaw AFB in Sumter. Really grew to like the Sumter area (nice, smalltown atmosphere). After I retired, I started working over here as a civilian contractor for the USAF and really love my job. I'm over all of the air traffic control and airfield management at Kandahar.
Don't know if your DH is heading here or Bagram, but if he's coming here I'd like to meet him. My office is right on the flight line where all the planes park. So if he's in town, I'm easy to find. Has he been over here before? I figured he has if he's with the 82d.
I'm a big Patterson fan and just completed Sail, which I would recommend if you're new to J. Patterson. I love his books and all of them are quick reads, which is great for me since I have limited time to sit and read most days.
Take care and keep in touch!
Big Al

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Great to have you with us. Welcome!  :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts