Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'm a native Texan and have a home near Houston but I'm sort of from everywhere. I own a small fleet of trucks and drive one so potentially I could be in any of 49 states or Canada. I enjoy reading but can't afford the space or weight of a nice library in the truck so the Kindle is the perfect solution. I'm a moderator on a specialized trucking forum and enjoy that when I'm not working or reading.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,459 Posts
LDB, welcome!  The Kindle is perfect for you, isn't it?  How great, and to be able to add to it without having to make a trip to the store, as long as you're within Whispernet range!

Betsy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Welcome Aboard, LDB  :)

Sounds like your trucking busy keeps you busy!  Hope it's doing well.  Out of curiosity, what kind of rigs do you have?  I think it's great that you devote some of your time to moderating on your favorite on-line board.

The Kindle is a perfect fit for you if you love to read and travel a lot.

Book clubs are starting up so see if any of them are for you,

Marci

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
LDB said:
I own 3 of these and do expedited freight. It's sort of the ambulance of the freight business.

http://www.thetruckguys.com/gallery_popup.asp?vehinfo=2008+Sterling+L9500&picloc=%2Fimages%2Fthetruckguys%2Fvp772715_1.jpg
That is a nice looking truck. It looks like it has plenty of room for long hauls.

Trucking runs in my veins. My earliest memories are of riding with my dad and me and my 2 brothers in the cab with him as he did his pick ups and deliveries back when we were a 1 truck operation. My DH used to drive Tractor Trailer for the company and our DD drives for a living too. I have my license but I have always worked in the office.

We now have a fleet of mostly Mack Midliners and we have specialized in hauling trash.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Based on your specialty I wouldn't expect there to ever be a shortage of freight. My truck is pretty nice. The sleeper is 90" and has an 8 cubic foot refrigerator/freezer, convection microwave, sink and 48" bed plus lots of cabinet space. I've also got a 17" flat panel tv/dvd player and nice stereo system in it. With all that plus my Kindle I'm pretty well set. I buy fuel 50 gal at a time so that gets a free shower with each fuel purchase. I get around 10.5-11 mpg and fsc is paid based on 9mpg so I do well with that also. Take care and be especially careful not to fall into your freight.  ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
LDB said:
Based on your specialty I wouldn't expect there to ever be a shortage of freight. My truck is pretty nice. The sleeper is 90" and has an 8 cubic foot refrigerator/freezer, convection microwave, sink and 48" bed plus lots of cabinet space. I've also got a 17" flat panel tv/dvd player and nice stereo system in it. With all that plus my Kindle I'm pretty well set. I buy fuel 50 gal at a time so that gets a free shower with each fuel purchase. I get around 10.5-11 mpg and fsc is paid based on 9mpg so I do well with that also. Take care and be especially careful not to fall into your freight. ;D
Nope, never a shortage of what we haul. No problems of falling into the load. We have however, had several instances of trucks and or bins falling into the incinerator tipping hole. :eek:

I have always wondered what a sleeping cab looked like on the inside. Yours sounds like a NYC apartment!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
These aren't the best photos but will show what it looks like. The center photo is with the bed folded down and the right side is the dinette area that automatically comes up when you fold the bed up. Sadly, mine isn't as neat and tidy as the demo unit. Mine looks lived in not just displayed.

http://www.bentzusa.com/catalog.asp?CATID=134
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
LDB said:
These aren't the best photos but will show what it looks like. The center photo is with the bed folded down and the right side is the dinette area that automatically comes up when you fold the bed up. Sadly, mine isn't as neat and tidy as the demo unit. Mine looks lived in not just displayed.

http://www.bentzusa.com/catalog.asp?CATID=134
That is so cool. Thanks for the pictures.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
Hello again LBD,

Just wanted to give you an official Welcome Aboard on the thread.

It was nice talking with you privately, safe travels,

-sailor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
LDB said:
OK, I'm a native Texan and have a home near Houston but I'm sort of from everywhere. I own a small fleet of trucks and drive one so potentially I could be in any of 49 states or Canada. I enjoy reading but can't afford the space or weight of a nice library in the truck so the Kindle is the perfect solution. I'm a moderator on a specialized trucking forum and enjoy that when I'm not working or reading.
Welcome LDB! It's great to have you here.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top