Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been putting off getting a headshot, but yesterday I had press asking for one. I put out an emergency call and I lucked out: a friend who's a great photographer was in town and needed something to do. Hence:

I am ridiculously hard to photograph. This may be the best one of me ever taken. At least, I'm happy with it. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Beautiful!

One very important thing to remember is to save a high resolution version of your picture for your media kit! Often times authors don't realize that when they submit a photo for a printed story the photo needs to be 300dpi. - I see it a lot and boy is it a hassle!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Looks fab!

·
Registered
622 Posts
It looks like you've been putting off getting a head shot but you lucked out and a friend who's a great photographer was in town and needed something to do so it all came together.

Good job.  Accomplished, calm, a victim of your characters taking over...film at 10 or 11 as they day...

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I'm severely disappointed by this headshot. I expected blood and brain matter all over the place, a caved-in head with eyeballs hanging by gloopy tendrils from hollows, leaning against shattered glasses caught in blood-matted strands of hair. I should've been clued in by the 'first headshot', because in my experience the first headshot is often the last...

Congrats with your author portrait though. Looks professional!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Really?! Well... you could find some on Facebook if you wanted to know what I look like, since we are friends there. There aren't really very many recent ones. I guess nobody wants to take pictures of me ::) (In fact, I think almost all the pictures from the last year are "baby is being cute [aka existing], Clare happens to be close by.")

I suppose someday I'll want a headshot like this. I do have some friends who are good at photography...

Also, I KNOW I took a picture of myself in my Bloody One's Temple shirt. I may never have uploaded it. But I definitely took one.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
EEEEE! Would love to see a picture of the shirt. :) I spend so little time on FB--I just let my Twitter feed into it and check to make sure I answer replies...I go look...

ETA: oh THERE you are! :) I have cute colleagues. :)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Nice photo, like the white shirt and earrings. The photo makes you look reflective. I'm so surprised, though. I thought you were a small dancing woman with a flower on top of your head.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts