Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!  My name is Leslie and I'm here in Southern California.  I've been a Kindle owner for about a month now, I've wanted a Kindle since they came out and my husband surprised me with one for my birthday/Christmas present.  Unfortunately, I must have received a defective one because after a couple of weeks I started to lose my screen, about the top 1/2 inch of the screen was blank.  It cut off the top of the screen savers and it was slowly getting worse.  I called Amazon and they replaced it right away.  I'm so pleased with their customer service.

Other than that, I've been having so much fun with my Kindle.  I take it with me everywhere I go and I love getting my newspaper downloaded everyday.  It's so tempting to buy new books when I'm not even done with the one I'm reading.  This seems like a nice and friendly board and I hoping to learn and share stuff. 

Leslie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,900 Posts
Welcome, lesliejoy.  Kindles are the bestest thing.  And so nice that Amazon has good support and keeps 'em that way.  I had a good experience with Amazon too earlier this year (not K-related).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
Hello Leslie and welcome to the boards!! So glad you had a good experience with Kindle support. I have found them very helpful as well. I have had mine for almost a month. It was an early Christmas present from the hubby! Of course he did have to tease me a bit before he let me keep it! Again, welcome!
 
G

·
Howdy and welcome to the forums Leslie Jr.(just kidding with the Jr.)

I hope you enjoy your time here.  A sense of humor helps.  :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,461 Posts
OK, we have Leslie in SoCal and Leslie in Maine, couldn't be farther apart!!

Leslie (California):

Welcome to Kindleboards, glad you got your Kindle sorted out. We've got lots of good stuff here. Leslie from Maine has a wonderful book about the Kindle


and we've got lots of free and bargain books in the Book Corner, as well as other book recommendations by our members. And we're starting book clubs in January, information is there now. Accessories is great if you want to buy your Kindle a gift!

Betsy
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Hi SoCal Leslie, this is the Maine Leslie checking in with a welcome. Glad to have you here. We're a nice friendly bunch of folks who are passionate about their Kindles.

L
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,461 Posts
Leslie said:
Hi SoCal Leslie, this is the Maine Leslie checking in with a welcome. Glad to have you here. We're a nice friendly bunch of folks who are passionate about their Kindles.

L
Leslie, congratulations on going over 2000 posts! You are the Kindleboards Goddess! ;D

Betsy
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Leslie, congratulations on going over 2000 posts! You are the Kindleboards Goddess! ;D

Betsy
But I noticed you are right on my heels! You'll be at 2K in no time (like, today? LOL).

L
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,461 Posts
Leslie said:
But I noticed you are right on my heels! You'll be at 2K in no time (like, today? LOL).

L
LOL! If I post 149, no make that 148 more times today, my husband will sue Kindleboards for alienation of affections...

Betsy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
LOL! If I post 149, no make that 148 more times today, my husband will sue Kindleboards for alienation of affections...

Betsy
Wow Betsy... you have been a busy girl!! How did you get so far ahead of me?? Oh yeah, I haven't been online much!! :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
63,461 Posts
Angela said:
Wow Betsy... you have been a busy girl!! How did you get so far ahead of me?? Oh yeah, I haven't been online much!! :D
Yes, you were gone for the holidays!!! We missed you!

Betsy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Yes, you were gone for the holidays!!! We missed you!

Betsy
thanks, I miss you guys too! It's very hard to do anything when the grandkids are here... they demand my undivided attention!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Sandpiper said:
Welcome, lesliejoy. Kindles are the bestest thing. And so nice that Amazon has good support and keeps 'em that way.
I'd like to add my welcome as well! I will just second Sandpiper's words and look forward to meeting you in the boards :)

Cheers,

Marci
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
Welcome LeslieJoy,

Jump right in, there is lots to read and learn for your Kindle.

Nice to meet you,

-sailor
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top