Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have had my kindle for about 2 weeks now and already can't imagine being without it. I noticed on another thread that if we buy accessories by clicking the link this board will benefit. Does that work if I click a link to a book and buy it from the link posted in a thread here? I was skimming through the bargain books thread and there are a few I want to try, if I click the link and sample them then buy them from the kindle will the board benefit?
Melissa

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Yes, indeedy, if you buy a book from one of the links posted here that has the Kindleboards code in it (and most of them do, we occasionally miss one) the board gets a small commission.  Also, if you get to Amazon by clicking on the Amazon link at the top of the page or at the bottom of the page, and then buy something, the Kindleboard gets a small commission.  It all helps Harvey keep the board running!

Betsy

B

·
0 Posts
meljackson said:
Hi all, I have had my kindle for about 2 weeks now and already can't imagine being without it. I noticed on another thread that if we buy accessories by clicking the link this board will benefit. Does that work if I click a link to a book and buy it from the link posted in a thread here? I was skimming through the bargain books thread and there are a few I want to try, if I click the link and sample them then buy them from the kindle will the board benefit?
Melissa
Yes, Kindle Boards gets a small cut of anything you buy that was linked to through links made by our Link Maker Tool.. If you are unsure as whether or not a link was created with the tool, you can also use the "Get Kindle Books" link at the top of your page and the board will get its share.

·
Registered
780 Posts
if I click the link and sample them then buy them from the kindle will the board benefit?
Melissa
Melissa -

I had asked Harvey this question about buying from the sample I had put on my Kindle from a link here and he wasn't sure the board got credit that way. He was going to check with them, but I've been coming back to the board and using the link at the top to order them after I've read the sample. Hope this makes sense ???
Lynn

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow thanks all! And thanks for not making me feel stupid :)
Lynn, I will do it that way then. This looks like a great board!

Melissa

·
Registered
829 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
What she said.
Barcardi Jim - YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY while I was on vacation!! 1333 posts!! Do you talk to Rainbow anymore or do you just post to each other here? <<snicker>>

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
It is my understanding that if you buy a book from your Kindle even though you downloaded the sample through the KindleBoard link, KB will not get credit for the sale. In order for KB to get the credit you MUST enter Amazon through KB before purchasing.

·
Registered
829 Posts
meljackson said:
Wow thanks all! And thanks for not making me feel stupid :)
Lynn, I will do it that way then. This looks like a great board!

Melissa
Welcome to the meljackson! It's a fun group. :)

B

·
0 Posts
Kirstin said:
Barcardi Jim - YOU HAVE BEEN BUSY while I was on vacation!! 1333 posts!! Do you talk to Rainbow anymore or do you just post to each other here? <<snicker>>
Our work schedules have been such lately that we haven't seen much of each other. :(

Mostly, though, I have adopted it as my sacred mission to out-postcountpad Angela. ;)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Angela said:
It is my understanding that if you buy a book from your Kindle even though you downloaded the sample through the KindleBoard link, KB will not get credit for the sale. In order for KB to get the credit you MUST enter Amazon through KB before purchasing.
Yes, that is my understanding too.

L

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Sorry, I missed the part of the question.  No, buying from the sample does not give a commission to Kindleboards even if you got the sample as a result of one of Kindleboard's links.

Betsy

·
Registered
829 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Our work schedules have been such lately that we haven't seen much of each other. :(

Mostly, though, I have adopted it as my sacred mission to out-postcountpad Angela. ;)
ha ha ha - good luck with that!!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Sorry, I missed the part of the question. No, buying from the sample does not give a commission to Kindleboards even if you got the sample as a result of one of Kindleboard's links.

Betsy
Right. Samples are free. But if you connect through Kindleboards to a sample, and then at the end say, "Oh, I want to buy it," you need to come back here to the Kindleboards to reconnect through the link for KB to get the credit. If you just buy the book at the end of the sample, using the link there, no credit to KB.

L

·
Registered
829 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Yeah. It's like trying to empty the Pacific with a thimble.
While it is pouring monsoon style?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts