Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
The idea just makes me laugh out loud! The description reminds me of my ex-father-in-law, I've ordered a sample and will let you know.

Here are links to Mike's two books, both qualifying as bargains at $3.99!

Betsy

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
Sounds like fun!  With those two, I now have exactly as many samples as actual books on my Kindle...  Guess I need to find  more time to read!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Since I consider myself as an almost geezer  ???  and living in an area with muchos geezers, I decided to go ahead and get both of these.

·
Registered
712 Posts
i have both of them, but i haven't tried them yet. i am looking forward to reading them, i enjoy a humorous mysteries. i guess i enjoy any style that isn't supposed to educate me or improve my mind, lol. 99.999% of my reading is pure escape and i have no intention of changing that.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
These are both quick reads and quite entertaining!  I know several of the participants in these books quite well, they all live down here in retirement land. LOL LOL LOL

·
Registered
817 Posts
Is anyone else having problems reading the samples?  I tried the "Living With Your Kids is Murder" sample and only had about two pages of the first chapter show and then my Kindle2 said I was having problems and I needed to check instructions on my account.  This also happened with a couple of other samples, but not all of them.  I have rebooted my Kindle several times, but still have the problem just with certain samples.  Anyone have any ideas?
luvshihtzu

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I didn't bother with a sample.  The price was good, so I got the first one and started reading it last night.  I don't want to give away anything, but with his "little problem," this should be very, very interesting.  ;D

·
Registered
377 Posts
I read both of these books over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed them. Paul Jacobsen is a wonderful protagonist and Mike Befeler's writing style is great. Paul's comments on his memory problems are hilarious and the temporary cure is as interesting a twist as I have seen in a long time. I anxiously await the next installment of the geezer mystery series
which I assume will either be set in California or on the Alaskan cruise

1 - 20 of 22 Posts