Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share something I think is a simply awesome idea.

I just had this done by Tanya at https://www.facebook.com/LetMePaintYourProfile?ref=ts&fref=ts and thought it might be a good option for some of you who are too shy to show their author photos. I'm also hosting a giveaway for a freebie on my Kay Bratt website. She does a 5x7 watercolor and the digital profile pic for $35. Or just the digital for cheaper, I think.

I told her wanted my cat, dog, Dr. Pepper and books in the photo. She also surprised me with the logo for my charity in the art on the wall. The only thing I can't figure out is how she knew I have such scrawny legs...

Here is the link to her facebook page...and she's done some great ones of men, too. https://www.facebook.com/LetMePaintYourProfile?ref=ts&fref=ts

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Hee, that's really cute. I was looking for something like that, but couldn't find it, so I wound up using stock instead. Yours is very nice. Mine would have a can of Mountain Dew. :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
This is great. I love it!!!

$35 is really good too. Loving it!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Cute.  The first link does not work, but the one on facebook does.  There you can see that there is something mystifying about the mouth of every person painted by this artist  ;D

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
There's a cool app called Papercam for android that will turn photos into drawing-ish-looking stuff. That might work too.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've heard that Tanya has several orders from authors, so thank you! I don't know the artist other than Facebook, and I received nothing for giving her a shout out (I paid for my own painting), I just know that like us, she is trying make a living doing what makes her heart soar. 

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fantasma said:
I would SO get her to do me and my dogs, but I'm not on Facebook. Is there another way to contact her, Kay?
I'll get her email address and pm it to you. :)

Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake' said:
Sweet. And very inexpensive. Mine would be Dr. Pepper, too.
Gertie...we're Pepper buddies!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts