Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,I'm Rhonda. Glad to be here. I ordered a Kindle what seems like ages ago,and they are finally sending it on February 25th. So,I get kindle 2. I ordered it cause Oprah recommeneded it, and I'm a gadget freak. And I read, alot. And, when my company travels me,which they do, I like to take books with me to read, so Kindle will be excellent for that. I intend to use it at work, too, I'll put a medical abbreviation dictionary into it.
I'm a nurse, but I review charts, sometimes from home, sometimes in the field. I'm wokring on my doctorate degree with the University of Metaphysics. i play alot of World of warcraft, too. Well, I'm glad I found this forum. I'm on pins and needles waiting for my Kindle.

--Rhonda

·
Registered
856 Posts
Welcome Rhonda,

Its a very friendly buch here. Be sure you go over to the Book Club. Check out what's still free for February. I think I managed to get them all. By the time Ladybug arrives and I turn her on, I should have several books to read.

12 days and counting.

I'm Rena from Flroida

·
Registered
599 Posts
Hello and welcome! I, too, live in Missouri and have been waiting for my Kindle for a looong time. There's plenty to do on KindleBoards while you wait!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Rhonda - it is nice to have you here!  You will love traveling with your kindle, but be prepared to show it to everyone and explain how great it is  8)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Rhonda, welcome from another nurse. Glad to have you here.

Re: free books -- if they are from sites other than Amazon, you can download them and save on your computer, then transfer to your Kindle when it arrives. If they are free at Amazon, you can "buy" them now and they will transfer to your Kindle the first time you turn the whispernet on.

(In case you didn't figure it out, I am the FAQ question-answering person...)

L

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Rhonda! Hang around here while you are waiting and you will be ready for the big day when it arrives. I don't know what I would have done without all the help available at Kindle Boards.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, if I saw a book I wanted,and  my Kindle is to arrive in a week or two, as soon as I turned it on, it'd be there? grrr.....I just came from the metaphysical bookstore and bought a book on tarot cards, that could've easliy had gone in the kindle, and is available for it. (another ogod thing about Kindle, not everyone needs to know what you're reading, or even cares for that matter.)

--Rhonda

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Rhonlynn said:
(another ogod thing about Kindle, not everyone needs to know what you're reading, or even cares for that matter.)

--Rhonda
This is a major selling point for me since I like to read --what are affectionately called -- naked torso books. LOL Now I can read them anywhere, without a care.

L

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I live in independence, Missouri, right next to Kansas City Missouri.

I like to read books about psychis stuff, and I hate when people say, "What kind of crud are you reading now?" It's not  crud to me. I like it.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome. I used to live in Missouri too... about 100 miles from St.Louis in a university town called Rolla.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.