Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to sync my new iPhone, and am wondering if I should de-select the Kindle app and then download it again for my new phone. Also, should I then de-register my old iPhone in the Amazon account that my daughter shares with me? (I plan to use my old iPhone, pre-3G model, as an iPod Touch sort of thing. I might as well use it to play my music library on my portable speakers, as well as to download and play podcasts.)

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
If no one in your house will use the app for reading kindle books then you can delete it and deregister it from your Amazon account. You can delete the app without syncing though, just press your finger over the app until they jiggle and then tap the x to delete.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I'd just uncheck the box in the apps folder on iTunes, and have it sync the apps that I want. (I have some others that I don't want to put on my new phone.) Currently, I'm having problems getting my iTunes to work properly. Haven't had a problem with it until now. I got the apps to sync, as well as all of my contacts. It just seems to time out trying to sync movies, video, podcasts, and music. May had to do those incrementally. I may even have to restore my new phone to factory settings and start over. Hope not.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I backed up my old iPhone with iTunes first, then synced the 3G S to iTunes.  My Kindle app is now on my 3G S, I've not tried to use it yet so I hope it won't see it as another device that's being registered.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Buttercup *member #83* said:
I backed up my old iPhone with iTunes first, then synced the 3G S to iTunes. My Kindle app is now on my 3G S, I've not tried to use it yet so I hope it won't see it as another device that's being registered.
Yes, the first time you start the Kindle app on your new iPhone 3G S it will ask you for your Amazon account name and password, then the new iPhone will be on your 'Manage my Kindle' page. This is not a problem, unless you download all on your kbooks to both your Kindle and your iPhone and want to do the same with your new iPhone. This will use up three of your possible six d/l count on each kbook.

I don't d/l my kbooks to my iPhone unless I am caught without my Kindle and want to continue reading something I am in the middle of. Usually, I d/l a public domain kbook to my iPhone, something short like the Sherlock Holmes stories.

I had to deregister my original iPhone on the 'Manage Your Kindle' page, it did not happen automatically when I cleared the content of the iPhone.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Once you de-registered your old iPhone (and the de-registration process took effect), were you back to just having 2 devices registered?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts