Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that Apple announced their new shuffle.  I think I'll be getting one for those times when my touch is overkill, like when on my motorcycle or what not.  Anyone else excited about this?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Because of Harm's comment last night, all I can think of when I see it is the "iSmoke"... it kinda looks like a lighter...

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
rshives said:
I saw that Apple announced their new shuffle. I think I'll be getting one for those times when my touch is overkill, like when on my motorcycle or what not. Anyone else excited about this?
I just got a new 2G shuffle last year but the new one looks really amazing. I mostly use it for my walks, maybe by the time I need a new one they'll come out with colors.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Sorry, I won't consider buying it because of the horrible painful (to my ears)earphones that are necessary for its use.  I have a few Creative MP3 players and can't stand their earphones either.

I do love my iTouch.  What a great device.  The music quality could be a bit better, but then I very seldom use it for music anyway. The new Kindle application is nice too.

luvshihtzu

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
The new shuffle is so tiny!  I just got my mom a last generation shuffle, and I spend most days terrified that she's accidentally going to wash it b/c it's still attached to her workout clothes.  I can't imagine actually getting something smaller than that.
Don't get me wrong, it looks neat.  But I have an older 4g nano that still works fine, so I won't be changing.

For anyone considering buying the new shuffle, does the teeny little size scare you any?

·
Registered
123 Posts
They are getting smaller and smaller.  I saw it and thought WOW! I got my daughter the 2nd gen shuffle and I thought that was tiny.  I don't think I would like a shuffle, I have a Classic (several generations back).  I need something heaftier.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think it's an awful design because all the controls are on the ear buds cord. So, you wouldn't be able to use any other kind.  As luvshitzu said, the ear buds that come with it are horrible.  

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
It looks pretty cool. Pretty soon, the mp3 player and the ear bud will be built into each other.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
luvshihtzu said:
Sorry, I won't consider buying it because of the horrible painful (to my ears)earphones that are necessary for its use. I have a few Creative MP3 players and can't stand their earphones either.

I do love my iTouch. What a great device. The music quality could be a bit better, but then I very seldom use it for music anyway. The new Kindle application is nice too.

luvshihtzu
I know what you mean - I didn't like the Creative earphones either, but the iPod ones work for me. I do buy the little spongy covers for them - get the multicolored ones so I can put a red on on the right earbud (my aging eyes can't tell the R from the L when I've got my sunglasses on!)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
The new shuffle is so tiny! I just got my mom a last generation shuffle, and I spend most days terrified that she's accidentally going to wash it b/c it's still attached to her workout clothes. I can't imagine actually getting something smaller than that.
Don't get me wrong, it looks neat. But I have an older 4g nano that still works fine, so I won't be changing.

For anyone considering buying the new shuffle, does the teeny little size scare you any?
No more than the shuffle I have - it's pretty tiny. I just always take it off when I come in from walking & I always stick it in the cap I wear when I walk - with my sunglasses & my house key. Otherwise, losing it would be a big issue for me! And it is red - which helps a bit too.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Meemo said:
I know what you mean - I didn't like the Creative earphones either, but the iPod ones work for me. I do buy the little spongy covers for them - get the multicolored ones so I can put a red on on the right earbud (my aging eyes can't tell the R from the L when I've got my sunglasses on!)
That's a really good idea. My husband and 1 of my daughters like the ipod earbuds, but I can't stand them. they hurt my ears even with the spongy covers on them. I didn't like the creative ones either. I just got a pair of the Zagg ones off of Amazon for about $38. They're very comfortable and work great with my new iphone.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hi, Rich! ~~~~~ {waves}
Well, I would LOVE to get one because I love new gadgets but I am only one person and I have three IPods right now {a nano, a stick-of-gum shuffle and a lime green shuffle}

Ummm, and I am spending all my money on Kindle books and Kindle accessories

Patricia

·
Registered
123 Posts
Googlegirl said:
I think it's an awful design because all the controls are on the ear buds cord. So, you wouldn't be able to use any other kind. As luvshitzu said, the ear buds that come with it are horrible.
Yes, I thought the same thing. I never use the original earplugs, they are terrible. I think this is their way of forcing the use. Maybe these earbuds are improved. But I doubt it.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
busy91 said:
Yes, I thought the same thing. I never use the original earplugs, they are terrible. I think this is their way of forcing the use. Maybe these earbuds are improved. But I doubt it.
DH & I were talking about it last night - he pointed out that there'll be a workaround before long - some way to either adapt their earphones or third party earphones with the controls on them. Free enterprise & all that.

·
Registered
190 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
The new shuffle is so tiny! I just got my mom a last generation shuffle, and I spend most days terrified that she's accidentally going to wash it b/c it's still attached to her workout clothes. I can't imagine actually getting something smaller than that.
Don't get me wrong, it looks neat. But I have an older 4g nano that still works fine, so I won't be changing.

No worries! The last generation Ipod Shuffle (the one that is like a match book) is washable! Yes, it's a certain type of flash drive that can get wet (I can't remember which now). So once it dries out, it will work again. :)

I love mine, it's great for exercising and cleaning and it's soooo light and sounds great. I'm not sure if the new one will be "washable" but if it talks, I doubt it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I went ahead and purchased one.  As far as the earbuds go there are at least 4 companies making and selling earphones for the new shuffle so that's not problem.  I rather like the controls on the earphones, much easier changing songs while riding a motorcycle.  I don't have to fish around for my iTouch, then realize I can't change anything with my gloves on because the screen doesn't know I'm touching it. I haven't used it much yet, but so far I think it will work.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have one of the second-generation square Shuffles. I love that you can clip it onto any piece of clothing, and barely notice it's there. It's so tiny that you can keep it in your purse and it takes up no room. The lack of a screen doesn't bother me much. I just want a bunch of music to listen to when I use it, the order doesn't really matter.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts