Kindle Forum banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
These right here in the photo are just going to be like that since this type of leather already comes finished from the Tannery. The good thing is since we are not hand dying them we will be offering them $10-$15usd less than our hand dyed version, so some where in the $45 - $55usd range. I do have some that we are currently working on that we just finished painting which I will post photos of in just a bit.

-J

chilady1 said:
I am digging the Japanese Sun and the Bike. Very nice Joe, thanks for sharing with us! Dumb question, but will these have colors? You are making decision very difficult. That's good because of all the choice you are providing, bad because of all the choice you are providing. LOL!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Here are some that are in our production line as we speak, these we can do in various colors and tones.

-J

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
VERY nice, I really like the bicycle one and the ship.  They have a vintage appearance to them, and I really like the price tag!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Thanks, -J

PG4003 (Patricia) said:
VERY nice, I really like the bicycle one and the ship. They have a vintage appearance to them, and I really like the price tag!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Thanks for the compliment and what is your taste Marie? in terms of cases and covers?

maries said:
These aren't ones I would buy but amazing work. Thanks for sharing the photos.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #88

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
joevleather said:
Thanks for the compliment and what is your taste Marie? in terms of cases and covers?
My tastes are varied. For the summer I had the Amazon Apple Green cover but just changed to the Hot Pink. Before that I had the Oberon Red Ginkgo cover and the Oberon Black DaVinci. My work kindle is currently in the black quilted Octovo cover. I love the Oberon red and the simple leaf design but like the softer feel of the Oberon Black DaVinci with less tooling plus no limitations on the Decalgirl skins with basic black.

I liked the felt one you pictured with the soft black leather interior. ;D

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
joevleather said:
Hope everyone is having a great Monday. Here is a behind the scenes photo of some new designs we just came out with. Should be online by later today as we have to take photos of them.

Let us know what you think. I'm really digging the Octopus and Vintage Bike.

-J
Oh wow, love the Octopus and the Japanese Sun, and love the way it's done, kind of with non-colors! Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Thanks Neo and yeah we wanted to come out with a type of product that we did not have to hand dyed and this leather fits well with this scheme. Glad you liked it.

-J

Neo said:
Oh wow, love the Octopus and the Japanese Sun, and love the way it's done, kind of with non-colors! Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Joe V. Leather,

I would love to see a pink leather cover with a brownish saddle interior or perhaps a almond brown color with a pop of green inside. 

How about pastel color leather exteriors to a more deep tone (like pistachio green, raspberry fuschia/pinky, pomegranate red,sea turquoise, a midtone grapey or deep purple, mustard yellow, and maybe some animal-type print exteriors) with nice paisley or polk-a-dot (nice happy prints or even solid) interiors.

And how about the opposite too, canvas prints on the interior with all these options on the exterior like pistachio green, raspberry fuschia/pinky, pomegranate red,sea turquoise, a midtone grapey or deep purple, maybe some animal-type print exteriors.

I also like some of the embossing on Oberon!  Although I've considered some of the covers they have, I find that the Celtic them is not really "me".  I really like their all-over embossing of the paisley pattern for example.  I still love all of the designs, but I don't think they are a perfect match for me.  How about some more modern takes on the embossment?  I am not sure what that would mean, but when I get an idea I will post.

Sorry my mind is just racing!

Thanks,
Luvk3

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
luvk3, I love your ideas.....Joe, you better get to working on that pink!!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I just went through the whole thread and love these covers!  I was looking at Oberon, but I currently have the lighted Kindle cover and don't think I could go back to not having a built in light always ready to go. So, when I saw the thead from Grantwood Technologies about their light that works off the Kindle battery, I was excited--except it doesn't seem to fit with an Oberon cover. I'm wondering if your covers might be a little roomier in the spine, might fit the Simple Light. If so, it would be a match made in heaven.  ;D

·
Registered
779 Posts
I really love the rustic look of these covers and sleeves! Right up my alley, beautiful work.

Question on the nano watchband - can you tell me how small the band will go? Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
joevleather said:
So we made some modifications to the initial comp and we are now happy with the overall finish product ready for production. Changes we made are listed below:

1. We removed the detachable stand which made the case slimmer and unit stationary within the case.
Ah, Joe, I really wish you hadn't done that! I don't visit this forum often so I just found out about your product. It's really attractive and I'd buy one in a second but I can't do without the "stand-up" feature that my current flip style case offers.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Sorry for delay in response we have been extremely busy these past couple of weeks. Can you show me a link to the light you are talking about??

Thanks, -J

MaryMcDonald said:
I just went through the whole thread and love these covers! I was looking at Oberon, but I currently have the lighted Kindle cover and don't think I could go back to not having a built in light always ready to go. So, when I saw the thead from Grantwood Technologies about their light that works off the Kindle battery, I was excited--except it doesn't seem to fit with an Oberon cover. I'm wondering if your covers might be a little roomier in the spine, might fit the Simple Light. If so, it would be a match made in heaven. ;D

81 - 100 of 105 Posts