Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I figured out what was going on at Amazon today (or at least one part of it). The KDP dashboard got a complete overhaul. It looks very Book Report-y to me. Go check it out!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I was wondering why I couldn't pull up a lot of books in the store. Almost freaked out when I clicked on a couple of my titles and they came back with 404s. Promptly exhaled when I clicked some other titles and found it was affecting everyone. Guess the glitches make sense if Amazon is overhauling the reporting backend.

I don't have it yet, though. =(

Nick

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been fiddling with it. It has tabs across the top, plus the most pertinent info (sales on one chart, page reads on another, and an earnings chart) all on one page. I like it, but Book Report no longer works! I like BR much better... :/

·
Registered
415 Posts
Nicholas Erik said:
I was wondering why I couldn't pull up a lot of books in the store. Almost freaked out when I clicked on a couple of my titles and they came back with 404s. Promptly exhaled when I clicked some other titles and found it was affecting everyone. Guess the glitches make sense if Amazon is overhauling the reporting backend.

I don't have it yet, though. =(

Nick
I clicked on a book being advertised in the Robin Reads newsletter and got the 404 error. I thought it was a Robin Reads thing-but maybe it's Amazon. I hope they get it sorted out soon. How disappointing to advertise your book and have it not show up in the store.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
katygirl said:
I clicked on a book being advertised in the Robin Reads newsletter and got the 404 error. I thought it was a Robin Reads thing-but maybe it's Amazon. I hope they get it sorted out soon. How disappointing to advertise your book and have it not show up in the store.
Agreed. I have promos all week this week, though thankfully not any heavy hitters. Maybe that would explain why all my AMS ads maxed out with no sales...readers could click the ads, but then got a 404. Hopefully it was just the KDP overhaul, and, while I'm out of luck with the promos, hopefully AMS ads will be kind about the worthless clicks!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Allyson J. said:
Agreed. I have promos all week this week, though thankfully not any heavy hitters. Maybe that would explain why all my AMS ads maxed out with no sales...readers could click the ads, but then got a 404. Hopefully it was just the KDP overhaul, and, while I'm out of luck with the promos, hopefully AMS ads will be kind about the worthless clicks!
How frustrating! Sorry that's happening to you!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Just logged into KDP and saw the new dashboard myself.

I like parts of it like being able to see total KENP for the month in one shot.  I don't like other parts of it like how they separated out KENP from sales in the Excel file you can generate.  It's also nice that you can now see a bar chart of sales on Amazon for the entire time you've had an account.

Of course, they changed the way to access AMS from the dashboard a week after I publish a book on AMS...But then again, one of the things I said in that book is that it could be outdated as soon I hit publish.  And look, it is.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just thought I'd jump in here and mention that Book Report will be updated so it works with the new dashboard. It hasn't come to my test KDP account yet, but I'll be hard at work fixing any issues as soon as it does. Hoping to keep the downtime to a minimum.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Also remember that they're usually inconsistent in how they serve things that are in beta. I've been getting beta versions of product pages intermittently for weeks. Could be a while before Book Report can be tested and debugged with a consistent version of the new Dashboard, and could be that the Dashboard will change afterward and usher in a new round of testing and revision. I'd counsel patience.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
brkingsolver said:
What new dashboard? All I see is the old one.
It's probably a beta test that's being rolled out to a small sample of authors. Or it's a staged/rolling deployment, where they're switching it on for different authors or groups of authors gradually.

Patience.

G

·
Yep, have the new one too. Seems like an improvement to me, overall, the data is easier to read anyway especially payments, and fewer things you have to download to get bits for. Even better however...the download Prior Royalties spreadsheet was redesigned and actually makes freaking sense and looks like a normal spreadsheet at last!!! (which also means TrackerBox will be broken)

Some pics for those who don't have it yet cause I don't care if y'all see my no sales numbers :p

(note: both of the Dashboard and Historical tabs have the royalties earned tables at the bottom, but those aren't significantly different just stylized differently)

·
Registered
597 Posts
***********************************************************************************************
Content removed due to new owners; VerticalScope Inc. TOS Change of 2018. I received no notification of a change to TOS, was never asked to agree to their data mining or sharing of my information, including sales of my information and ownership of my posts, intellectual rights, etc, and I do not agree to the terms.

************************************************************************************************

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
BookReport said:
Just thought I'd jump in here and mention that Book Report will be updated so it works with the new dashboard. It hasn't come to my test KDP account yet, but I'll be hard at work fixing any issues as soon as it does. Hoping to keep the downtime to a minimum.
Thank you! This is exactly what I came here to see. (Sob, no Book Report to track my sales! I love the "today" sales tab. With as many books as I have, not having the option to see at a glance WHICH books I've sold today on the KDP dashboard is really annoying.)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts