Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amazon added the new KDP Reports beta a while back, and today I see they've given them an update. And I am less than enchanted. Before, they showed your top ten bestsellers in a carousel and the others were just listed as Other Books. That was annoying--though I suppose only for those of us who have more than ten books--but I see they now list ALL books separately. But! Before, each book was a different color in the bar graph, so it was easy to see which books had sold more, etc. (except, of course, for the Other Books.) Now, they are all the same color, which makes it difficult to differentiate ANY book from another. It's awful! What do you all think? I gave feedback and said I wished they would revert back to how they were before (not that they'll listen to me, but...)

Another thing is...I had a promo yesterday, but it's not showing up on the Orders page (of this new, updated KDP Reports beta), nor are any of my sales from yesterday or today. I know there was a problem with ranks yesterday on Amazon, so maybe that has something to do with it, but I wonder...are anyone else's sales from yesterday or today missing from the updated reports also?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I make liberal use of their 'Take a survey' link. Each time I use it I report the same issues:

The dashboard tab is on Australian time, so it's 12 hours ahead of where my sales occur (and thus 0 for about 16 hours of each day, and non-zero whle I'm asleep.)  Need the option to choose yesterday.

Orders chart doesn't separate free/sales/paperbacks at a glance.

·
Registered
13,301 Posts
Simon Haynes said:
I make liberal use of their 'Take a survey' link. Each time I use it I report the same issues:

The dashboard tab is on Australian time, so it's 12 hours ahead of where my sales occur (and thus 0 for about 16 hours of each day, and non-zero whle I'm asleep.) Need the option to choose yesterday.

Orders chart doesn't separate free/sales/paperbacks at a glance.
This and also, if you have a lot of books (I have more than 60) and a small screen, I don't want to go scrolling and clicking each title to see how many I sold that day.

I mean--is it really so effing hard to just put the MTD in a simple, like, text-based, TABLE that we can see on one page even if we're on a phone?

Oh, wait, that's what the legacy reports do.

*headdesk*

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Yep, a table works for me too.

The only reason I use the KDP reports page (original) is to see my sales today split into paperback, ebook, freebies.  For everything else I download their report and import it into my software. (I think you used an early version a few years back? This one's a rewrite which also imports AMS ad spend data and links it to the book in question. That's something I doubt Amazon will ever do, whether it's the original dash, this new beta dash or some quantum-powered super-dash in the late 2050's)

·
Registered
13,301 Posts
Simon Haynes said:
Yep, a table works for me too.

The only reason I use the KDP reports page (original) is to see my sales today split into paperback, ebook, freebies. For everything else I download their report and import it into my software. (I think you used an early version a few years back? This one's a rewrite which also imports AMS ad spend data and links it to the book in question. That's something I doubt Amazon will ever do, whether it's the original dash, this new beta dash or some quantum-powered super-dash in the late 2050's)
I wrote my own reporting spreadsheet, but it does only a monthly basis. I don't use AMS/FB/BB to a level that I need daily checking on ad spend. I spend only about $300 across the board each month and they're all drip ads that I mostly ignore.

The vast majority of reporting programs are GARBAGE at wide sales. They might include Kobo/B&N/GP/Apple, but ignore everything else. *If* they include audio, they only do ACX. Useless.

I used Ywriter, but I'm a pretty converted iPerson these days, so I'm Scrivener/Vellum all the way. I don't even have Word.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I've just stuck with the old version. It gets the job done. Orders placed per day, and the monthly pull down showing sales and returns per book.

Ain't broke, don't fix it.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Like the new author central, they won't keep both. As soon as the new one is 'close enough' you can bet the old site will vanish for good.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank goodness for Book Report.  At first glance, my biggest problem with the new KDP Beta is that you have to hit "apply" after each variable you change.  Instead of quickly selecting paperbacks on the .uk store and hitting apply. It's now a clunky and slow two step process.  Also it's just visually boring compared to what they've been doing.

·
Registered
8,167 Posts
I do NOT like the new dashboard Beta.  And yes, I've told them so.  I used to like how we could hover the mouse over the bar graph and see which books have been sold/downloaded.  Now I have to take the time to search.  Grrr.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Agree, the new Beta dashboard is absolutely terrible. I really liked at a glance being able to see how many of a particular title was sold or read that day. This ugly black line tells me nothing. I made sure to let them know, would advise others who feel similarly do the same.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I too miss the easy daily view - sent them that feedback as well. Just give us a day report like we had before!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts