Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Genuine-Leather-Protective-Cover/dp/B0028ML0CU/ref=sr_1_267?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1241734734&sr=1-267&tag=kbpst-20

If you follow the storefront - this company has this style kindle 2 cover in many colors- brown, black camel, a few blues, red, pink, cherry pink... it looks pretty much like the m-edge cases but cheaper and they claim to be ultra-light weight so probably lighter. Both leather and non-leather options.

here is the link to all the colors:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_?url=me%3DA174CY8CR6S3G5&field-keywords=kindle+2+flip&x=0&y=0&tag=kbpst-20

looks like a cheaper and probably lighter option to m-edge flip covers.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Lisanr said:
http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Genuine-Leather-Protective-Cover/dp/B0028ML0CU/ref=sr_1_267?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1241734734&sr=1-267&tag=kbpst-20

If you follow the storefront - this company has this style kindle 2 cover in many colors- brown, black camel, a few blues, red, pink, cherry pink... it looks pretty much like the m-edge cases but cheaper and they claim to be ultra-light weight so probably lighter. Both leather and non-leather options.

here is the link to all the colors:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_?url=me%3DA174CY8CR6S3G5&field-keywords=kindle+2+flip&x=0&y=0&tag=kbpst-20

looks like a cheaper and probably lighter option to m-edge flip covers.
Thanks for the link!!!! ;)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Wow!  It looks just like M-Edge's Platform cover w/out the extra ledge on the left for the light.  And the price can't be beat.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ruby296 said:
Wow! It looks just like M-Edge's Platform cover w/out the extra ledge on the left for the light. And the price can't be beat.
Yeah I'm glad I found them . I like it doesn't have that extra room and the price is really nice. Just what I need-- another kindle cover!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
That is astonishingly cheap!  The minute someone gets one of these, I hope they'll post a review--preferably complete with the actual weight. :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
VictoriaP said:
That is astonishingly cheap! The minute someone gets one of these, I hope they'll post a review--preferably complete with the actual weight. :)
I ordered one and should get it by the middle of next week. I love how cheap they are and they do say light weight so hopefully around 5-6 ounces. I have a new digital scale so I'll post the weight and my impressions when I get it.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
These look great. I love the royal blue. Even though the third picture on that one looks like it's flipping me off lol.

Melissa

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow. How can Amazon get away with it looking exactly like the m-edge right down to the stitching and the shape of the place where the tab fits in?

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Lisanr said:
I ordered one and should get it by the middle of next week. I love how cheap they are and they do say light weight so hopefully around 5-6 ounces. I have a new digital scale so I'll post the weight and my impressions when I get it.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts on this case. It's hard to beat $20 for a leather case.

·
Registered
921 Posts
QueenBee said:
Wow. How can Amazon get away with it looking exactly like the m-edge right down to the stitching and the shape of the place where the tab fits in?
I have to admit, they do look identical to the M-edge covers from what I can see. I do wonder how they can do that, but at that price, you could switch them out frequently whenever you want a different color.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I would imagine a company can copy another's design. I have seen a lot of iphone cases from various companies that look exactly the same. For that matter m-edge is copying amazon's design with the Go jackets. If this company copies the design but makes it lighter and more compact I am all for that. I don't like m-edge cases because in general I find them to be too heavy and bulky.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
I notice the last few choices come with an Amazon screen protector for $10 more.  Has anyone had an Amazon screen protector and if so, how do you like it (glare, bubbles, poor adhesion, etc.)?  If anyone has ordered one with the screen protector, I will be interested in hearing your thoughts when it arrives.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I received my midnight blue case today. It really is the same quality as the m-edge case ( I have had them in the past) so for the money this case is a real bargain. Quality is good. They use a darker grey material inside which I like since the light grey on the m-edge cases I think can get dirty easy. I don't agree with this companies statement of these cases being ultra light weight. I think they are a bit lighter than the m-edge ones but not by that much. The had accidentally sent me a non-leather one in royal blue . That one weighed just slightly more than 6 ounces. I got the navy blue one today and that is leather and it weighs 8 ounces. I know the leather m-edge ones are more like 10 ounces so this is lighter. If you are interested in m-edges platform cases and this company has the color you want I recommend checking them out. At $14 for non-leather and $20 for leather this is a bargain. I don't see any difference in quality.

> Amazon link

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Wow--I'm usually a real leather person, but if the synthetic is that much lighter, I'll pick one up. I really need something lightweight that still has substantial protection for days like today, when the Oberon is just too much for my hands to deal with.

Off to Amazon :) Thanks, Lisa, for letting us know!

(edit--prices have jumped; $19.81 for the synthetic and $24.81 for the leather. Still good deals, but with shipping it starts to creep up pricewise as Prime is not available.)

·
Registered
921 Posts
VictoriaP said:
Wow--I'm usually a real leather person, but if the synthetic is that much lighter, I'll pick one up. I really need something lightweight that still has substantial protection for days like today, when the Oberon is just too much for my hands to deal with.

Off to Amazon. :) Thanks, Lisa, for letting us know!

(edit--prices have jumped; $19.81 for the synthetic and $24.81 for the leather. Still good deals, but with shipping it starts to creep up pricewise as Prime is not available.)
I kinda thought the price was probably an "introductory" price when they first came out.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts