Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There've been a few posts mentioning the new selection of Kindle 2 skins from DecalGirl. Here are the new ones:

(These images are clickable - but FYI our affiliate code only goes to the main DecalGirl page. Once there, click on "Kindle 2 skins" to see the skins!)

Cold Silence | Dreamer | Electric Papa | Gevil | Harmony | Liebesbrief | Liebesbrief Black | Maximum | May I | Pink Elephant | Skull King | Skull King Black | Stoney I | Troublemaker | Victrola | Wave | Wave Dancers | Winged | 9000

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I was looking at them today and noticed that there are a lot of white skins. Has anyone tried the lighter skins? I really like the dark one I got. It seems to make the screen lighter.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks for posting the new skins. I haven't had mine long and I already want to order another one.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Thanks for the posting these. They keep coming up with fancy new designs.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Wow, I'm really glad I know where to find the free Project Gutenberg books for the Kindle now. I have the Lost Souls skin and cannot justify buying a new one. But..

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Kathy said:
I was looking at them today and noticed that there are a lot of white skins. Has anyone tried the lighter skins? I really like the dark one I got. It seems to make the screen lighter.
I have gone for the mostly white skins. Olga and Blue Fantasy for K1 and K2 respectively. I like how a mostly white skin doesn't give the 'frame' effect. I really, really wish that Decal Girl would put together matching screensavers. Hmm..maybe I could get the Olga and use the screensaver from the K1.

Anybody try using any of the Kindle 1 screensavers on the K2?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
The last one with the bird is the only one I like, and I don't like it enough to change skins for it.  Some of the others are 'interesting' but hard on the eyes and so them-oriented that I'd get tired of any of them quickly.  I looked at them for K1 a few days ago and was disappointed.  I love looking at various skins, especially when they are posted in vivid photos here on kindleboards.

Could someone explain to this older woman the appeal of buying things with skulls and other skeletons on them?  It seems to be more than just a goth trend.  Is it a man thing?  I'd love to know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts