Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new Kindle owner from Houston Tx. I got my kindle on Dec 3rd as an early Christmas present. Actually I planted the seed of doubt in my husband's mind about making sure it was working before it was wrapped. After putting on all the books I had downloaded in anticipation, he couldn't bear to have me pack it back up til Christmas  ;)
Have ordered and received the Tree of Life oberon cover and a skin from decal girl (have to wait for Christmas for those).
I'm a police supervisor who has to work many long hours and love my kindle!
I read mostly sci fi, fantasy, horror, alt history and some nonfiction.
Oh and I love bullmastiffs hence "Bullymom"  ;D

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Congrads on receiving your kindle!!! Tree of Life is a popular cover! Its so nice! What skin did you get?

I personally ordered the Zen revisited and blue flower burst

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hi Bullymom and welcome. I recently relocated to NE Texas to help take care of elderly parents after living in Houston for 18+ years (Kingwood, actually). I have had my Kindle since November 3rd, also an early Christmas present. After having it for a week, DH made me wrap it up on Friday afternoon saying I had to wait until Christmas Eve (when we traditionally open gifts), but let me have it back after breakfast the next morning! He is still living/working in Houston during the week and comes home on weekends. So glad to have you here and very glad hubby let you keep your kindle!! :)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Bullymom said:
I did live in Kingwood but moved to New Caney several years ago. Oh the skin I got was Quest.
Daughter and family still live in Kingwood and I have a friend in Porter (Forest Colony) that I usually stay with when I am there because I can take my dog to her house. DD's house and yard are not dog friendly. I have been officially back in Longview since March of this year.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome, Bullymom -

You mean your name is not due to your profession?  ;)  LOL I just bet the Kindle is very helpful for you on the job  ;D

Glad to have you here & that you love your Kindle as much as the rest of us here.  I like fantasy & SciFi, too. 

How do you like your Oberon cover?  Check out Accessories and let us all know what you think.

Cheers,

Marci

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Hey, Bullymom!

Welcome to the Kindleboards, congratulations on your Kindle, glad to hear it is well accessorized!

Be sure to check out the Book Corner--we have Book Clubs starting in January!

Betsy

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome Bullymom - I have a friend that has a rescued mastiff - she is the sweetest and most wonderful critter ever!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't get to see my new cover or skin til Christmas  :( Small price to pay I guess to get the kindle early.
As soon as I put down my profession I knew I was going to have to clarify my name!  ;D
Bulls are the best!
Already have three pages of books and more on the way.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome Bullymom!  It's great to you have here.  You're lucky to have your present early.  I've had my Kindle a year today.  I love it and we know you will love yours too. 

1 - 12 of 12 Posts