Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading and noticed that every other page turn was very slow, like 2 to 3 seconds to turn the page. The in between page turns seemed slightly slower than normal, but that could be my imagination. The battery was 80% full. I tried turning off the Kindle to clear the memory (I normally just keep it ib sleep mode), and plugging the power in. The in between turns seems normal now, but every third page turn seems slower to me, maybe 2 seconds (but not three). Maybe its the book, and maybe the battery just has to fully recharge (its only 1 month old). But I just thought I'd let everyone know in case someone else has experienced this.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Try a reset.  Like all computers, sometimes its brain just gets full. . .

Ann

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
If you try a different book and the page turn speed is normal, the book with the slower turning pages is probably Topaz format as Jeff suggested.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing has worked so far, but it is interesting that while the book is in the awz format (not Topaz), it is the darkest print I have ever seen, it is almost like the whole book is in bold. It actually makes it easier for me to read. Have not tried a different book because I want to finish this one first. I have the expectation right now that it is just the book. If I were to find out it isn't, I would be upset, and I don't want to be upset for the holiday season. So I won't try another book until after I finish this one.

Steve

I

·
0 Posts
That may be your answer right there.  Being so dark, it may take the eink a bit longer to form the words on a page hence your delay.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah, a very smart person. The dark print may certainly be affecting the turning rate. The Book is Marooned in Realtime by Vinge. It is also interesting that it didn't seem to happen at the beginning of the book, at least I didn't notice it. Once I got halfway, it became very noticeable. Now that I am 75% through, I'd say it take about 3-4 seconds to turn a page, but only every other, or maybe every 3rd page. Very weird.

Steve

I

·
0 Posts
I have my moments but the way you describe it, I doubt my idea is causing it.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THE ANSWER

Last night around 1:00am I finally finished the book. This morning I tried a  new book and discovered 2 things:
    1. A normal book with less dark print did turn the page faster, but I still had the problem of every third page turn being slow.

2. I did a hard reset, and everything went back to normal.

So problem solved, but I still have no idea what went wrong.

Steve

I

·
0 Posts
Cool!  I was partially right to!  Glad to see you have wo9rking right at last.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts