Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may not appeal to everyone but since I almost always have my Kindle in hand, this will help when I need to jot something down not specific to a book.
Patty

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Thanks so much.  I hope this works for me.  I hope it will eliminate a majority of the notes i have tucked everywhere. 

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Thanks!  for 80¢ it's worth a try out. . . .I can see myself actually using this as it would be easier to make a somewhat extensive note on my Kindle.  Might could use it for a shopping list. . . .  It looks like it has room for 16 notes. . . can't see me needing more than that, but others might. . . .

I have looked at the Calendars as well, but with the calendar in my smart phone I don't see me using that. . . .

How did you learn of this?  (Just curious. . . .)

Ann

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
drenee said:
Ann, where are you from?
Originally Frederick, MD. Now in Arlington, VA. . . .did I give something away there? :) My mother used to say that all the time though my husband does seem to think it's odd. On the other hand, when he doesn't hear something he asks it to be repeated by saying "Please?".

Ann

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
ninjapanzer said:
Hmm time to make a free version I think.

Add that to my list of things to make for my kindle
:) for 80¢ it's worth it to me to not have to figure it out! I'd drive myself nuts. (And maybe others as well.)

Ann

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
Originally Frederick, MD. Now in Arlington, VA. . . .did I give something away there? :) My mother used to say that all the time though my husband does seem to think it's odd. On the other hand, when he doesn't hear something he asks it to be repeated by saying "Please?".

Ann
It was the "might could." I often use that myself and get strange looks. LOL. I picked it up living in the south when i was younger. debbie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ann Von Hagel said:
Thanks! for 80¢ it's worth a try out. . . .I can see myself actually using this as it would be easier to make a somewhat extensive note on my Kindle. Might could use it for a shopping list. . . . It looks like it has room for 16 notes. . . can't see me needing more than that, but others might. . . .

I have looked at the Calendars as well, but with the calendar in my smart phone I don't see me using that. . . .

How did you learn of this? (Just curious. . . .)

Ann
Ann, I saw this over on the Amazon Discussion Board, I checked it out and thought I would pass it along to my friends here just in case it becomes popular in the future and the price goes up, as that sometimes happens!

Patty

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Please don't take me wrong, I DO support authors and developers and their right to make money on  their works....But I also think that when the price is right...GO FOR IT! Okay, now I have made my mama proud again ;)

Patty

·
Registered
4,791 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
Would seem that the format for the Notepad is nothing more than a "book" in which you can write notes.  Nothing especially different -- just different looking.

·
Registered
447 Posts
steel magnolia said:
This may not appeal to everyone but since I almost always have my Kindle in hand, this will help when I need to jot something down not specific to a book.
Patty
Thanks for the posting on this. I ordered it. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
steel magnolia said:
Patty
I've been hoping for something like this, and I wouldn't have found it on my own. Thanks!

Nemo

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
cat616 said:
Thanks for the address.

Now can someone help me? I go to the eduKindle site and hit the download and all I get is a page of GobblyDeGoop. I am sure it is a simple thing, but I have no idea what is going on.
This worked for me: At the site, click the link labeled EduKindle Notepad. A dialog box should come up. You want to select 'save' to and pick a place to put it. 'Open' doesn't work unless you have mobiReader installed and it will just let you read it on your computer. I have a dedicated folder called my eBooks that I put such things in.

To get it to the Kindle, either e-mail it as an attachment or move it with the USB cord.

Ann

1 - 20 of 38 Posts