Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a new Kindle Paperwhite - says 10th addition. It arrived, I charged it, and loaded some books, read part of one, shut it off. Now, will not turn on, with or without charging wire attached. I charged it again and the light stays orange for several hours and will not go-green. I returned it today ...

I want to buy another Kindle. If these KPW have problems, I'll buy a different model. If anyone can recommend which one, I'd appreciate it. I only use Kindle to read fiction, and mostly KU Selfie ebooks unless I have a favorite Trad author. But I don't do anything on the Kindle but read. No magazines, no subscriptions, nothing but read fiction. I have other devices for other types of projects.

Like anyone else, I don't want problems with it -- I'm not very tech smart, so prefer simple over a complex and multi-chore device. Any advice .. Thanks B44 ...

·
Registered
394 Posts
I just ordered a new Kindle Paperwhite - says 10th addition. It arrived, I charged it, and loaded some books, read part of one, shut it off. Now, will not turn on, with or without charging wire attached. I charged it again and the light stays orange for several hours and will not go-green. I returned it today ...

I want to buy another Kindle. If these KPW have problems, I'll buy a different model. If anyone can recommend which one, I'd appreciate it. I only use Kindle to read fiction, and mostly KU Selfie ebooks unless I have a favorite Trad author. But I don't do anything on the Kindle but read. No magazines, no subscriptions, nothing but read fiction. I have other devices for other types of projects.

Like anyone else, I don't want problems with it -- I'm not very tech smart, so prefer simple over a complex and multi-chore device. Any advice .. Thanks B44 ...
So sorry you’ve had this trouble. I can only speak for myself and those family members of mine who have PW’s but none of us have had any problems with ours. My own is 8 yrs old and my son is using my older one that’s 9 yrs old and both are going strong. Perhaps you’d be willing to give the PW’s another try. You may have just gotten a lemon. Good luck!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - I've had two in the past, both worked for years. The one I use now I bought in 2015 ... it's battery is beginning to give up and won't stay charged as long as in the past. As I look over the options, the KPW still seems the best for my usage. It has mixed reviews lately. I might try one more before changing to a different model. Yes, could be a lemon - altho Amz did send me a pink one this time, instead of black :) :) No clue why??

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Return the KPW, ordered another one. We'll see if I just got a dud ... very possible. If this new one fails, I'll just update to the newest version ready for release.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts