Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised to receive my new Oberon Design Kindle 2 Cover today!

According to their website, they're still in "design stage" and "anticipate beginning to ship pre-ordered Kindle 2 orders on March 16th."

I guess they must be ahead of schedule *JOY*
The Sales Slip in the box has "When Ready" handwritten on it and its listed as "Version 2 Kindle M44 Corners."

I ordered the Creekbed Maple in Sable with Corners. They still use the bungie for the top right corner.

UPDATE: I color corrected the top image... better than the original in conveying the look of the cover.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Beautiful cover.  Does it smell good?  How thick is it?  How securely is the Kindle held in by the corner straps?   ???

Thank you for the good information.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Oh my God, look how great it looks! Details, we want details! How much does it weigh? How thick is it?

Thanks for posting a picture!

L

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
The Oberons just look so amazing. I have Sky Dragon, but Roof of Heaven is calling out to me, Buy Me! Buy Me!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Happy Dance!!  :D It is beautiful! I am so excited, hoping to receive mine also. When did you order and did you receive an order shipped email? I have a Tree of Life and River Garden on order.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bibliophile said:
Beautiful cover. Does is smell good? How thick is it? How securely is the Kindle held in by the corner straps? ???
Smells like fresh leather... no funky chemical/dye smell detected (could be because I chose Sable).

As for thickness... I took another photo:

It's pretty secure.... a few shakes and it stays in.

Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Happy Dance!! :D It is beautiful! I am so excited, hoping to receive mine also. When did you order and did you receive an order shipped email? I have a Tree of Life and River Garden on order.
Leslie said:
Also, how was it shipped? UPS?
It shipped via UPS Next Day Air. Originally ordered on Friday, February 13 (The Power of Friday the 13th strikes again).
No Order Shipped email... so it was a very happy surprise.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am still sitting here with my Black Amazon K2 Case, trying to convince myself that I don't need a $75 leather case for it, but you guys are making it very hard on me  ;)

Enablers indeed

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I checked and I ordered my Tree of Life in saddle on Feb. 15th and my red River Garden on Feb 20. Hopefully I will receive mine this week. I love the thickness, looks very nice!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Another note... the leather is darker and better looking than it looks from the iPhone Photos I attached above.  If I have time later I may take some photos with my SLR with color correction and post those as a followup.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
WOW!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

I'm way down the list, I'm thinking, since I didn't order mine until after the K2 arrived--two weeks after you early birds.  But too cool that they've started shipping, can't wait to see everyone's covers as they arrive.

Any chance you can get a weight for it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow - this looks awesome!  Ok I am clicking buy on my River Garden in Red :)

Question for you - does the top left corner cover the power/sleep button?

Thanks for posting!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I ordered mine on Feb 13, changed the order on Feb 19, changed it again and ordered another cover (2 total in the order) on Mar 2, so who knows when I'll see my cover! Probably on Mother's Day...LOL

L

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just called them, and they're about two weeks out - so if you order today will get it in two weeks.  Apparently they started shipping out orders last Friday!

The countdown begins...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks so much for posting this!  The new Oberon cover looks just awesome!

Finalized my order on 2/21, so I guess I'm about a week away from Mr. BrownJeans making my day!

Does it still have full length pockets on both sides?

Love the pics, thanks again :)

1 - 20 of 622 Posts