Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm Gina and I'm from California.  I've been a Kindler since Friday and haven't put it down since!  Just wanted to introduce myself!  Like many others who have posted here, I found out about the Kindleboards from my daily lurking at the Amazon Discussion Boards.  Nice to meet everyone!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi, Gina!

I'm glad you love your Kindle. One question: If you haven't put it down since Friday, how do you do stuff?  You know, like eat, drive, type a message in this forum, do your job as a knife thrower's assistant at a traveling haunted carnival?  Stuff.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well, allegedly, Gina could type a message into the forum using the experimental web browser. I haven't been able to get the dumb thing to work even moderately well though. I would care more, except for the fact that it's supposed to be hundreds of portable books, not a web browser. As long as the Kindle store works, I can't complain.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Gina, welcome!

Glad to have you here....new Kindler, so exciting. I remember those first exciting days.

In fact, I still act like it's those first exciting days...sleeping with my Kindle next to my head on the nightstand...

L

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey quickfics, well there was that time I put it down when I went to the bathroom....... :) But, seriously, I had to arrange that special "spot" to put my Kindle when I had to <sniff> put it down for a while. I just slide it into a couple of real books on the bookshelf (where hubby keeps his chess books) and our "little ones" don't notice it! We have a 2-year old who thinks he is entitled to put his hands on everything within reach. Thanks to all for the welcome!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Gina- On a serious note...Horror stories abound about the results of mixing small children and Kindles. While fairly robust, they can't withstand hard drops or being stepped on. They need to be kept up out of the way of curious little hands. Amazon will not replace Kindles damaged by kids (or the user!) and there are apparently no repair stations.

[Grandpa Will ends his cautionary tale] ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Yes, the guy whose Kindle flew off the roof of his Jeep at 30 mph and kept on ticking seems to be the exception, not the rule.

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Hi Gina,
Welcome! I've had my Kindle almost 2 months & put her down as little as possibe. Don't you just love it? I'm as excited about her as the day I got her.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts