Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a completely new look at RAR. I finally got a template that allows me to have more control over content placement. ;D

I have added Facebook Like buttons and Twitter buttons so that people can "like" and "tweet" their favorite reviews.

Ads and various links now have an Amazon Pop-up to allow readers to get a little more information about the books.

The biggest addition is a Forum Page: http://redadeptreviews.com/?page_id=5342

I added the forum in response to comments I have seen here and on "that other forum." It is not meant to take the place of either, but instead to offer another way to get your books seen.

Hopefully, the topics I have provided there speak for themselves. More topics will be added later, after discussions with my staff.

I invite you all to stop by, check it out, and post. :)

I will be announcing it to the public via blog post when we have a few more posts by authors. (No sense inviting readers until there is something to see. ;) )

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Very nice! I like it. :)

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Coral said:
I like the new look! The forum idea is a good one too. Do you have an idea in mind to draw readers who are specifically interested in reviewing?

PS - Is there a way to get every post not to center on the page? I keep having Poetry 101 flashbacks ;)
I'm looking into some ways to draw readers. I will definitely accept suggestions. ;)

Thanks for pointing out the centering. I believe I have corrected the issue. :)

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Looks great, and I just signed up too.  I think it's a wonderful idea.

Linda

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Coral said:
My eyes thank you! :) I'll think about the first point and see if anything comes to mind.
Thanks!

I'm also taking suggestions on any new topics to add.

Everyone should keep in mind that it is meant to be a very directed forum, not really a place to just chat. (We have KB for that. ;) )

·
Registered
20,395 Posts
RedAdept said:
I'm looking into some ways to draw readers. I will definitely accept suggestions. ;)
If you want to draw readers I think you need to SG and Phil Chen for those pictures...

·
Registered
371 Posts
RedAdept said:
We have a completely new look at RAR. I finally got a template that allows me to have more control over content placement. ;D
I have added Facebook Like buttons and Twitter buttons so that people can "like" and "tweet" their favorite reviews.
Ads and various links now have an Amazon Pop-up to allow readers to get a little more information about the books.
The biggest addition is a Forum Page: http://redadeptreviews.com/?page_id=5342
I like it, Lynn - following on Twitter & FB, and subscribed. Good job!

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Once there's a good mix of readers and writers interacting, I think it will be a beneficial place. No, there's no place like the Bazaar to out and out self promo, but there is a place for you to list giveaways & freebies, as well as CHAT with readers, and even places for finding or offering to be.. beta readers.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts