Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm Barbara and I've had my kindle since March. And I love it more every day.

I live in Santa Rosa CA,  near Oberon designs!! (I've looked and looked at the Oberon kindle covers and decided to get a purse from them instead)

I love Anthony Trollope and was hankering to reread his books. (For those of you who aren't familiar with him, he wrote a zillion books, all 700 pages long) All his work is still in print, but mostly in those Dover editions where they just copy the original work including the goofy swirly Victorian typeface. Well, my eyes are far too bad to struggle through those again, and I noticed that Anthony is available from a lot of the free e book sites, so I decided to get the kindle just to read Anthony. I had no intention of never reading a paper book again. I had no intention of giving my by beloved library card or buying used books.

I never imagined how much easier it would be to read on an e book.  I'm hooked. And by the way, haven't gotten around to Anthony since I got the thing.

It's nice to meet you all.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Barbara M said:
Hi Everyone,

I'm Barbara and I've had my kindle since March. And I love it more every day.

I live in Santa Rosa CA, near Oberon designs!! (I've looked and looked at the Oberon kindle covers and decided to get a purse from them instead)

I love Anthony Trollope and was hankering to reread his books. (For those of you who aren't familiar with him, he wrote a zillion books, all 700 pages long) All his work is still in print, but mostly in those Dover editions where they just copy the original work including the goofy swirly Victorian typeface. Well, my eyes are far too bad to struggle through those again, and I noticed that Anthony is available from a lot of the free e book sites, so I decided to get the kindle just to read Anthony. I had no intention of never reading a paper book again. I had no intention of giving my by beloved library card or buying used books.

I never imagined how much easier it would be to read on an e book. I'm hooked. And by the way, haven't gotten around to Anthony since I got the thing.

It's nice to meet you all.
Hi Barbara! We are so happy you decided to join us, we all share a passion for reading and our Kindles. One of the things I've enjoyed most about Kindleboards is it has turned me on to authors I've never read before and books I never would have chosen for myself. Broadened my reading horizon. :) I look forwarded to reading more of your posts. By the way if your Kindle has a name please share with us on Kindle Name Thread on the Let's Talk Kindle forum. Welcome!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
One of the things I've enjoyed most about Kindleboards is it has turned me on to authors I've never read before and books I never would have chosen for myself. Broadened my reading horizon.
I can't agree more with this statement. I have always read a lot but didn't always venture into other areas of the bookstore. This is so much easier and more fun!

Welcome Barbara

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Barbara,

Make yourself at home, there is a lot of reading on these boards to do.

Nice to meet you,

--sailor

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Barbara, welcome!

Funny story about Anthony....thanks for the chuckle.

Glad to have you here!

L

1 - 8 of 8 Posts