Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.  I'm new here. I was almost a Kindle owner.

I was one of the lucky ones who ordered with the Oprah discount and got my Kindle before the waiting list.  Well, when I saw them selling on Ebay, for more than double what I paid, I just couldn't justify hanging on to my unopened box.  (it was supposed to be my Christmas gift).

Soooo, off I went to ebay and sold my Kindle for $770.00.

And now I have to trot off to the "Waiting for my Kindle" thread.....

I guess I'll have my new M-edge covers (red and navy) to open on Christmas morning.

I

·
0 Posts
I don't think anyone would flame you for that.  This is a very friendly forum.  I don't see anything wrong with what you did.  Now you can buy 2 if you want to.  ;)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I know doing that makes sense.  You'll be getting a free Kindle in a few months.  It was probably easier because you hadn't opened the box and had already resigned yourself to waiting until Christmas.  You hadn't bonded yet. 

I've had Little Gertie for three months and couldn't possibly part with her. 

No flame here ... just congratulations on getting a good price. 

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Click on the link at top of this forum and buy a refurb and have it in a couple days and cash to buy books.  You are brilliant.

OOPS  they are out of refurbished at the moment.

I

·
0 Posts
Dori said:
Click on the link at top of this forum and buy a refurb and have it in a couple days and cash to buy books. You are brilliant.
Yep, I forgot about that. If you don't mind a reborn Kindle go for it. They are slightly cheaper and still come with the same great warrenty. The best part is they are instock.

OOOPs I just checked and

We're sorry. There are currently no Refurbished listings for Kindle: Amazon's Wireless Reading Device. However, you can
looks like the well is dry!

·
Registered
35 Posts
No flaming here. Hubby is begging me to sell since we saw what people are paying. But I can't part with her. He keeps telling me I'm crazy not to. I keep telling him, he should have told me to order 2 so I would have an extra to sell. I totally saw this coming. As soon as there was mention about it being on Oprah I told him, they will sell out. That is why I ordered that day (that, and the discount of course).

All that opportunist thinking aside. Last year we bought an extra Wii when we had a chance. Then I couldn't bring myself to profit from it. I just kept thinking off the little kid that wasn't going to get one, cause I bought it from Walmart first. So we sold it at the cost we paid. And yes Hubby was ready to strangle me then too.

BYW, did you order another right away, so you can atleast have it as soon as possible?

·
Registered
103 Posts
You're stonger person then I.  When I got my grubby little hands on Penelope It would have taken waaaaaaaay more then double $$ to pry her out.  More power to you.

*flame, flame, flame  :p ;)*

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mommytolandl said:
No flaming here. Hubby is begging me to sell since we saw what people are paying. But I can't part with her. He keeps telling me I'm crazy not to. I keep telling him, he should have told me to order 2 so I would have an extra to sell. I totally saw this coming. As soon as there was mention about it being on Oprah I told him, they will sell out. That is why I ordered that day (that, and the discount of course).

All that opportunist thinking aside. Last year we bought an extra Wii when we had a chance. Then I couldn't bring myself to profit from it. I just kept thinking off the little kid that wasn't going to get one, cause I bought it from Walmart first. So we sold it at the cost we paid. And yes Hubby was ready to strangle me then too.

BYW, did you order another right away, so you can atleast have it as soon as possible?
Yes I ordered one as soon as the payment showed up in Paypal. Delivery date is the end of Febuary/beginning of March. Oh well, don't they say that anticipaton is supposed to be half the fun?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Flame you??  Why would I do that? You're my new hero.  ;D  

I couldn't resist the urge to open it up and start dumping books to it.  But if mine were still unopened when all the ebay stuff started I would have done the same thing.

Welcome to Kindleboards!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have to admit that I was briefly tempted, I could use the extra $$.  But I'm way too selfish to be able to sell mine, she's a major indulgence on my part.  I try really hard not to spend major bucks on what I don't absolutely need, but every once in a while I break out and let myself have something really luxurious.  I'm in awe of your ability to let it go and wait for 3 months!  I nearly died in my 2 weeks of waiting - definitely not good at patience after waiting so long to order one.

Katiekat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good for you. Very smart. Now you get a free one.

I wish I had that kind of common sense patience. Sadly I don't. In fact, that baby would have been open long before Christmas day. At least I'm relatively sure that's what I'd have done. Now that I've had mine for 6 months, I know that's what I'd done.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
wlachance said:
Hi Everyone. I'm new here. I was almost a Kindle owner.

I was one of the lucky ones who ordered with the Oprah discount and got my Kindle before the waiting list. Well, when I saw them selling on Ebay, for more than double what I paid, I just couldn't justify hanging on to my unopened box. (it was supposed to be my Christmas gift).

I guess I'll have my new M-edge covers (red and navy) to open on Christmas morning.
Congratulations on your Kindle order (and the good way of funding it)! If I had a brand new one to sell, I would have sold it too. Maybe.

Welcome to the boards, read up on all the Bargain and free books we talk about in the Book Corner. You're also welcome to join in the Book Clubs, though you might have to get a book from the library!

Betsy

I

·
0 Posts
katiekat1066 said:
I have to admit that I was briefly tempted, I could use the extra $$. But I'm way too selfish to be able to sell mine, she's a major indulgence on my part. I try really hard not to spend major bucks on what I don't absolutely need, but every once in a while I break out and let myself have something really luxurious. I'm in awe of your ability to let it go and wait for 3 months! I nearly died in my 2 weeks of waiting - definitely not good at patience after waiting so long to order one.

Katiekat
Pretty much what she said. After the nerve wracking wait for my Kindle, it would be hard for me to let it go even though I atill have all the fancy packing material. It's only been a week. Everything is right where I dropped it then. :)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
wlachance said:
Hi Everyone. I'm new here. I was almost a Kindle owner.

I was one of the lucky ones who ordered with the Oprah discount and got my Kindle before the waiting list. Well, when I saw them selling on Ebay, for more than double what I paid, I just couldn't justify hanging on to my unopened box. (it was supposed to be my Christmas gift).

Welcome, we are a friendly bunch, no flaming here! Don't let Bacardi Jim scare you, he is really a nice guy. Glad you joined us, we have a great time here. Look forward to reading more posts from you. Spend some time browsing and you will know all there is to know when you buy your Kindle. :)

Linda

·
Registered
15 Posts
No flames here wlachance.  In fact, my Kindle should be here Monday or Tuesday and I'm considering doing the exact same thing.  ;)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Wish I had a couple of Kindles to sell on eBay myself!! Although, I don't know if I could stand to be without one until Feb or March!! Welcome!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Welcome! I'm relatively new, too, and this has been one of the friendliest places to talk about the Kindle. I bet you won't get flamed here.  :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts