Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new Oasis and I just noticed that version is 5.12.4 , shouldn’t have been updated when I got it?

·
Registered
182 Posts
In a perfect world, yes.  But that would require sellers to remove all current inventory from their boxes and update them.  It is the same way with cell phones and computers.  You just about always have to update them or get an update shortly after purchase. 

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Possibly they got a large quantity in and stacked them on the shelf. People bought and they got picked off the stacks. New shipments came in and the enterprising warehouse man didn't take the remaining ones off the shelf to put on top of the new ones. More work. So new ones went on top and the cycle repeated. How many times? Then more orders came in and they got down to the earlier batch of brand new ones. You got one. So it's probably brand new but was on the shelf a while. Or the aliens. Or whatever. But it's one possibility.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I don't recall ever getting one that didn't need/do an update on initial setup. I think it was automatic with them, at least as far as asking me if I wanted to do it, but I think just doing it at least some of the time.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have never gotten one that did not need an update

1 - 9 of 9 Posts