Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Oooh, that is gorgeous and Oberon is early w/the covers too!!  Maybe getting a new cover for K2 will quell my desire for the DX.........yeah right :)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
The butterfly and dragonfly buttons are so pretty.  I'm so jealous.
deb

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
The new sky blue pond is lovely.

I'm probably going to be the only one with this opinion, but there's a lot of the new buttons that I don't like; to me, they don't enhance the designs.  Others are well done, such as the leaf on Creekbed Maple or the Dragonfly on Pond.  

Looks like ROH is no longer available in Saddle!  And Pond is no longer available in the Green, only Fern or Sky Blue.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I really like the Pond in Sky Blue, but as I already have 2 Oberon covers for my K2 I am going to try to resist until they get the DX covers up and order one of those.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Heather, your picture didn't show.  Which one are you getting?
deb

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
HEY you beat me to it.. LOL.. been dealing with the DX board stuff and of course I had to throw some actual work in at some point today.. :)  enjoy the new line :) I can't WAIT for the DX covers

·
Registered
377 Posts
The new color is pretty, glad I already have my saddle ROH - now it is a collectors item!  I like the new buttons, but I liked the old-style buttons as well.  Where oh where is my red ginkgo? :)

·
Super Moderator
67,250 Posts
The specialized buttons are a nice touch. . . . .

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I can't say that I'm sorry that I bought my World Tree cover in green, but had I seen the Hokusai Wave in sky blue, that probably would have been my choice. I love it because the details are much more easily seen. There are several others (who am I kidding? ALL of them) that are beautiful, too!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I love the sky blue color. I just got the Hokusai Wave in navy, but really want the sky blue. Can't justify getting it unless I sell my navy cover, but it is fun to look.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
The new color is really pretty. I noticed that they already removed the old K1 pond cover design. So does that mean that if I decide not to keep mine I can advertise it as retired? LOL

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Rasputina said:
The new color is really pretty. I noticed that they already removed the old K1 pond cover design. So does that mean that if I decide not to keep mine I can advertise it as retired? LOL
Of course! :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm probably going to be the only one with this opinion, but there's a lot of the new buttons that I don't like; to me, they don't enhance the designs. Others are well done, such as the leaf on Creekbed Maple or the Dragonfly on Pond.
I agree, I was ready to be bummed about the buttons but I think I prefer the old button on my ROH than the new one. Most of the others buttons are really pretty tho.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but there's very few of the new buttons that appeal to me. Although it's great that they're now customised per cover, I really liked the classic look of the original buttons which seemed to 'disappear' and keep the focus on the detail of the leather. Now, a lot of them are attention grabbers.

I like the leaf button on the Creekbed Maple, though, as well as the new Celtic ones. Those are nice.

Edit: I guess it's not just me. Only just saw the other comments about this. Glad I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ordered the Butterfly in sky blue (the picture should be fixed now). I got them while they were still putting the pictures up. I actually called after I placed the order and spoke with Don. I wanted this one without the wool. It's not that big of a deal, but with 5 cats and 2 dogs, the wool is always covered in pet hair.

I'm pretty excited about it. I miss my Butterfly cover (I had one for the K1). I was kinda bummed when the purple changed shades, and I'm not a big fan of the darker blue. I think the button for the Butterfly cover is so pretty.

He also told me to pass along that hopefully they'll have a pattern for the DX in about a week or so.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
He also told me to pass along that hopefully they'll have a pattern for the DX in about a week or so.
Oh great! Good news. I don't like moving around with this nekkid Kindle. LOL.

(Had to give it a peeramid to sit on.)

1 - 20 of 71 Posts