Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that I was automatically updated 23 hours ago. It claims general improvements and performance enhancements. I'm not noticing anything yet.

update 6/2/15 -- 4.5.4 now available

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Is anyone noticing any changes in e-book formatting when reading on the Fire HD6 (or other Fires) after this 4.5.3 update? I haven't received the update on my Fire HD6 yet, but I'm curious about what may have changed.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
I still have .2 on both my HDX Fires.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 8.9 HDX is on 4.5.2, and even checking for updates shows that I am up to date. Based on playing with the smaller HDX, this doesn't seem to be an earth-shaking update, however.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just checked my 7"HDX and it is on 4.5.2, so I downloaded 4.5.3 and it is currently updating.  It showed as up to date before I started??

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Yes, that seems to be the case until one's devices is up in the queue for updating.  Mine shows as up-to-date, too!

Betsy

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Yes, that seems to be the case until one's devices is up in the queue for updating. Mine shows as up-to-date, too!

Betsy
That's been my experience, too. I'm still waiting for the latest update on my Fire HD6.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My 8.9 inch Fire HDX is now updating to 4.5.3. I was going to browse a bit before bed, and it promotes me to update. I'd been using it for chat only half an hour before, so the update hadn't been waiting very long.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Yes, that seems to be the case until one's devices is up in the queue for updating. Mine shows as up-to-date, too!

Betsy
So there is a queue for getting updates. How long should it take for updates to arrive once they start, assuming you are at the end of the queue??

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
jkingrph said:
So there is a queue for getting updates. How long should it take for updates to arrive once they start, assuming you are at the end of the queue??
I think it took a week (or so) from the time the December update was announced until it arrived on my Fire HD6. I don't know where I was in the queue, though.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
jkingrph said:
Have no idea. Seems like we've had people getting their updates as long as a few weeks.

Mine updated about 45 minutes ago, apparently!

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
My HDX 7 updated sometime yesterday . . . . the 8.9 hasn't yet, apparently. At least, there was no notification as there was on the 7

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I checked the smaller Fires & I got it on my 6", but not on my 7". Since I never seem to get updates on my 7", I'll have to manually update it. I think I read that I got the update in December on my 6", in the area where you check for the update status.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts