Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a cool new feature at Indie Book Lounge. I added a new quick search button that lists FREE books in random order. This change was done to address the numerous people that have free eBooks but had to list them as Bargain (.99 cents). With this new feature, readers can more easily find your free eBooks, short stories, or whatever.

In order to list your free books, you must log in. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one using the "Registration" link provided at the top. Once registered, you can add/change your books.

To make your book available in the FREE listing section, follow these steps...

1) Log in to Indie Book Lounge. The menu options at top will change.
2) Go to the Control Panel using the menu link along the top
3) Click on the book title that you want to make FREE (or click the Add A New Book button)
4) Use the "Other Sales Link" box to enter the URL (don't forget the 'http://') of where people can get your FREE book
5) In the middle of the editing options screen for that book, there is a line with a checkbox for .99 cents and one for FREE
6) Check the FREE box and save the changes

NOTE: Only the "Other Sales Link" text box is used for the free book link. Typically, this is your Smashwords URL but can point to any URL you want. I see a lot of the books marked .99 cents are actually free but until now I had no way to mark them. Hopefully this will give free eBooks the attention they deserve.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Victoria J said:
Thanks! I'll check it out!
One change last night was that if your book is free, it gets the cool tag next to the link.

Found a bug in one of the book edit scripts that would ignore some 'FREE' book entries. Hopefully you didn't check it out yet :)

That's what you get for being a one-person shop... mediocre QA! It's hard to test your own stuff :mad:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts