Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

6,477 Posts
Amekatay said:
I think I may just download them all to my Kindle and put them in a collection, so I don't have to see them in my archive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
If you download them they'll be on the device in a group together under 'dictionaries' - you won't need to make a collection. If you leave them in the cloud and view the cloud on the device they'll all be together under 'dictionaries' just the same. Downloading them to your Kindle won't remove them from your MYK page.

6,477 Posts
I've successfully updated to 5.3.5, but I can't see what the difference is with the dictionary. If you click on 'show full definition', then the definition box closes and it goes to the dictionary to show the full def - just as it used to.  ???

There is an extra option for 'search' on the 'more' menu though.

6,477 Posts
I've checked a few words and it seems to be mostly the same - although it's laid out slightly differently - obviously it's accessing different versions of the dictionary.

The box is bigger I think, so there seems to be slightly more room and therefore more of the definition in the box (I'm comparing my PW with my KTouch) but where it doesn't all fit in the box even on the PW, you still have to hit 'show full definition' and then it goes to the dictionary.

I think it might have been more accurate for them to say 'you'll get the full definition in the definition window more often, but some definitions will still be too long and you'll have to go the dictionary to see those'. But I suppose that doesn't sound as good. ;D Maybe they only tested it on the more simple words...

6,477 Posts
Eltanin Publishing said:
I'm seeing the whole definition - there's a scroll bar on the right side indicating there's more than fits in the window, and you swipe within the window to scroll down.
You're quite right - well spotted! ;D

It didn't occur to me that it was meant to be a scroll bar - and if it had I would probably have tried to swipe the bar and not within the box. ::) Strange then, that they still have the 'see full definition' option. I suppose that's if you want to see it all at once - though it seems a little redundant.

I must admit I do use the dictionary a lot - so much so that I find it irritating when I'm reading elsewhere and I can't just press on a word to find out what it means ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.