Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just came out. Don't know exactly what it's for. This is from Amazon:

We have a new, free software update available for Kindle Paperwhite. The software update will be delivered wirelessly and includes general improvements for your Kindle Paperwhite. This update automatically downloads and installs for Kindle Paperwhite customers; however, you can also manually download the software and update your device via USB cable.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201064850

Edit -- 5.3.4 released in mid March, 5.3.5 released in late April -- link should take you to most recent version. -- Ann

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
FWIW. . . .I just downloaded it and tried to update manually. The update was NOT successful. . . .first time that's ever happened to me. . . error code "3"

I'll have to try again later. . . .
That's not good. The file might have gotten corrupted during the download, since it's so big, so you might try downloading it again. I updated both of mine without a problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.