Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dmburnett said:
Love it! Is it pretty reasonable cost wise? Looks like it would have cost a fortune! Again, beautiful and I love it!
It is was pretty much the norm of what one would expect. Claudia was very easy to work with (I have a tendency to micro manage ;D) and very quick... she did that in a day.

G

·
Wait so is this a re-release of Faustine under a different title/series name? Or are you going to have both book 1 for Bonfire Chronicles and book 1 for Bonfire Academy?

·
Registered
733 Posts
How long is the turnaround for PhatPuppy Art? I've been seriously considering hiring them for my cover as I consider them one of the best out there, but how far in advance should I contact them with a cover request?

G

·
Ladyeclectic said:
How long is the turnaround for PhatPuppy Art? I've been seriously considering hiring them for my cover as I consider them one of the best out there, but how far in advance should I contact them with a cover request?
As busy as she is, she seems to get through jobs pretty quickly, so you'd be wise to schedule something, but if you're stuck and need something now you might not have to wait too long. She does do great work.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Gotta love Claudia! :D

Every time I see something new she has made, I'm tempted to purchase another cover. lol

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
foreverjuly said:
Wait so is this a re-release of Faustine under a different title/series name? Or are you going to have both book 1 for Bonfire Chronicles and book 1 for Bonfire Academy?
No this is the first part of the prequel series to Faustine (and the Bonfire Chronicles). So yes, it will be book one of Bonfire Academy. (And Faustine is book one of the Bonfire Chronicles)

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ladyeclectic said:
She did mine the day after I contacted her, and she took a day to do it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wow - you guys are awesome! Thanks, Imogen, for starting such a lovely thread.
I'm happy you like the cover!

So cool to see a lot of the wonderful people I've had the pleasure to work with here as well! :)

Usually, once you commission me, I always say about a week - but I always tend to finish it more quickly because I'm excited to work on it. When you love the work you do - it's easy to just throw yourself into it.

That being said, one thing I am though, is brutally honest. If I feel something won't work - I will tell you...but I try to do so with as much love as possible. lol
I want your books to be a grand success - and at the same time, I want you to be happy.

I love it most when authors comes to me and pretty much give me free reign - in other words - here is my story - come up with something in phatpuppy style. Those are usually the best covers (I think too when people are purchasing some of my available covers - these are working really well because it was something that I envisioned and put to art with no set idea - all the better if it can somehow fit your story -- does that make sense? I can also tweak them a bit to make them fit more in line with your storyline)

Anyway - thank you for such lovely comments, means the world to me!

Hope you're all enjoying a beautiful week.

Peace,

Claudia
aka
Phatpuppy

http://phatpuppyart.com

·
Registered
513 Posts
The cover for "Watched" in your sig is the exact kind of thing I can't help but pick up in a bookstore.  The colors won't let me move on!  :eek: GORGEOUS!

I am writing your name down for my next project!  :D

·
Registered
982 Posts
phatpuppyart said:
Wow - you guys are awesome! Thanks, Imogen, for starting such a lovely thread.
I'm happy you like the cover!

So cool to see a lot of the wonderful people I've had the pleasure to work with here as well! :)

Usually, once you commission me, I always say about a week - but I always tend to finish it more quickly because I'm excited to work on it. When you love the work you do - it's easy to just throw yourself into it.

That being said, one thing I am though, is brutally honest. If I feel something won't work - I will tell you...but I try to do so with as much love as possible. lol
I want your books to be a grand success - and at the same time, I want you to be happy.

I love it most when authors comes to me and pretty much give me free reign - in other words - here is my story - come up with something in phatpuppy style. Those are usually the best covers (I think too when people are purchasing some of my available covers - these are working really well because it was something that I envisioned and put to art with no set idea - all the better if it can somehow fit your story -- does that make sense? I can also tweak them a bit to make them fit more in line with your storyline)

Anyway - thank you for such lovely comments, means the world to me!

Hope you're all enjoying a beautiful week.

Peace,

Claudia
aka
Phatpuppy

http://phatpuppyart.com
It really is a great cover. You did an amazing job on it. I might have to go to you when I need one day after all. You definitely respond more quickly than any of the others I contacted, and I can't say I've ever seen anyone whomakes covers that can compare to yours.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts