Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
That's the fugliest thing I have ever seen, and people call the current Kindle ugly. But what disturbs me the most is the total disregard of anyone having any issues with hands. It is so thin the guy in the pic can't even hold it properly. The way the guy is holding it, one slight knock or wrong move and it falls on the ground. There is no ergonomical way of any kind to hold on to the thing.

And the wide bezel is so distracting it makes the screen look smaller. And don't get me started on that jiggy wiggy thing on the right which I assume is a joystick of sorts.

Its targeted towards the teenage ipod crazed crowed and not actual readers. So now they find it cool because its thin, but they still won't buy it.

·
Super Moderator
67,559 Posts
I actually think it looks pretty cool. . . but one of the coolest things about the 'klassic kindle' is the little silver scroll bar thingy. . . . . and it looks like that's gone.     :(

Sorry Leslie!  :)

Regardless, my Oberon cover just came .  . . so I'll be keeping my Klassic Kindle for a while. . . . . .
Ann

G

·
Jeff said:
It looks like the only significant changes, beside the thickness, are the smaller page buttons and the switches have been moved to the front. That addresses a lot of the complaints.
Honestly, I agree, even if I don't care. ;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I sure hope Im not forced to "upgrade" to that one. I much prefer the original, including relacable battery and being able to use an sd card. Not to mention that thing is too damn thin. If they force that on me, I will be cancelling and getting the sony instead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like the looks of it, too.  I still am waiting for my Kindle to arrive, with estimated shipping as soon as March 3.  If given the option, I would select the newest version over the original.  Sorry all you current Kindle owners who absolutely love them!  I have no loyalty to the original, as I've never had my hands on one!  From a completely asthetic point of view, have to go with number two! :p

1 - 20 of 209 Posts