Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Major League cities across the country, the departure of the equipment truck from the ballpark headed for spring training has become an annual rite of spring, and nowhere is this more true than in Boston, where "Truck Day" has become an unofficial holiday.

But what would happen if a fanatic Red Sox fan and his two nephews became trapped in the back of the truck just before the door slammed shut and it began its 1487-mile journey to Fort Myers?

I'm pleased to announce that question is finally answered in my new novella titled A Truck Story, a charming and hilarious tale that is sure to delight both Red Sox and baseball fans of all ages as well as fans of Florida Fiction. Available now from Amazon.Com for just $1.99.

Described by Adam Pachter (Editor of the Fenway Fiction Anthology series) as "Elvis meets Elmore Leonard on the way to Red Sox Spring Training," aside from the kidnappings, the car chase, an Elvis impersonator, some hungry alligators, and a few other surprises, the trip itself was relatively uneventful.

I'm a writer living in southeastern Massachusetts, whose stories have appeared in the Northern Haunts anthology from Shroud Publishing, Malpractice: An Anthology of Bedside Terror from Necrotic Tissue, and Dead Worlds: Undead Stories from Living Dead Press.

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Carol! Hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I just downloaded and finished A Truck Story in one sitting. I don't watch baseball, but for whatever reason, I love baseball books and movies. I really enjoyed this story. It was a lot of fun.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, CS. Can't thank you enough for the kind words.

Means a lot!

I am so pleased you enjoyed it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gratuitous bump to commemorate (though it may be heresy to say!) this week's release of the paperback edition of A Truck Story available here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1448602874

as well as the first posted Amazon review.

I tellya folks, you don't know what you're missing!

But this will be the very last gratuitous bump from this humble author.

Ever.

The rest is up to you . . .

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Well I'm the second biggest Red Sox fans out there so I will buy it.  Maybe I'll even get my husband who almost never reads books and is "The Biggest" Red Sox fan to read it. 

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You rock Cowgirl.

I think you're gonna like it!

Lemme know what you think either way, though. I can take it!

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I will definitely let you know.  My husband has been to the Red Sox spring training in Ft. Myers so I think I can get him to read this.  We're taking a 17 hour flight to Portugal in September so He'll be begging me to borrow my kindle before that flight is over.  I'll surprise him with your book.  I'll read it before then and will let you know. 

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fair warning: It's a novella, so it will only kill about an hour and a half or so of that seventeen!

Be prepared . . .

And thanks again.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
If it were any longer my non-book reader husband wouldn't read it.
shame on him...he was an English major
. He prefers magazine and newspaper articles so this is the perfect length for him..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All Star Game Special!

For those counting down the hours toward the All Star game, I've lowered the price on my baseball novella A Truck Story to $1.00 (from $1.99), but remember . . . you don't need to be a baseball fan to enjoy this delightful tale.

And if you enjoy this, you are sure to enjoy my recently released first novel, Sumner Gardens.

Sincere thanks to those who have already taken a chance on one or the other, and as always, thanks for reading!

(The "Kindle Price" hasn't yet caught up with the "Digital List Price," though. Not sure how that works, but hopefully you'll download at the lower price. If not, bookmark it! It should catch up soon . . . and you'll be glad you did. Thanks!)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I read The Truck Story on plane trip this past Friday.  Nice short read, love the Red Sox, and it was a great story.  Loved it!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm so please you liked it, Cowgirl!

Makes my day.

Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts