Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Fantasy

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm a new indie author. My book is "Murder in Death's Door County" and my pen name is Elizabeth Rose. Please check out my book, which has a story I think most people can relate to: Everyone has been stuck in a job they can't stand. Free-spirited Annie Malone needs to ditch her dull, drab job, but doesn't know how. Thrown a lifeline from her moonlighting job, she packs her suitcase and heads up to idyllic Door County. Asked to ghostwrite a book for an impossible client by an almost-impossible editor, Annie wonders if she is in over her head. Suddenly, the whole story changes and Annie is in danger. Attracted to mysterious dark stranger, Donovan Archer, Annie doesn't know who she can trust until it is almost too late.

http://www.amazon.com/Murder-Deaths-Door-County-ebook/dp/B00APPXD90/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1355831144&sr=8-6&keywords=death%27s+door+county

·
Super Moderator
67,487 Posts
Elizabeth ---------------------

Welcome to KindleBoards, and congratulations on the book! :)

This is just a friendly reminder that KindleBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum. Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows: (Note that this doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so post this note in every thread. :) )

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ann and Betsy!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome and guidelines! Everyone has been so welcoming - I'm looking forward to learning my way around here.

Thanks! :)
Elizabeth

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For only $2.99, check out a fun mystery set in gorgeous Door County in Wisconsin: Murder in Death's Door County
Annie Malone is in a rut. She needs a change, and fast. When her moonlighting job gives her a chance to make some big changes to her life, she leaps at it. But suddenly, weird things start to happen... and how does the dark mysterious Donovan Archer figure into this new chapter of her life?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Several years ago, I had a very odd ghostwriting project... the subject of the book was almost certainly nuts... and then the project was cancelled - out of the blue! Soooo... since I'm the kind of person who makes lemonade out of lemons, I added humor, drama, a beautiful setting, and fictionalized the heck out of the story.

Under the pen name Elizabeth Rose, I wrote: Murder in Death's Door County
Check it out for only 2.99!

Annie Malone is in a rut. She needs a change, and fast. When her moonlighting job gives her a chance to make some big changes to her life, she leaps at it. But suddenly, weird things start to happen... and how does the dark mysterious Donovan Archer figure into this new chapter of her life?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Time to beat the Winter Blahs! Murder in Death's Door County will be free from 1/25-1/29! Here's a little excerpt:
At the top of the stairs, I checked the clock on my cell phone. 9:03. Crap! I was late. Harry had distinctly said 'don't be late.' Racing down the hall, I frantically located Room 6. In my haste, I almost fell against the slightly ajar door. Stopping myself just in time, I knocked on the doorframe. "Harry?" I knocked a little louder. "Harry? Are you in there?" I asked, pushing the door open a little more. While I found it odd that the door was open, nothing with this project had been remotely predictable-why start now?

"Hello? Harry?" I called out tentatively, as I entered the room with my eyes closed. I had two motives: I didn't want to see him in his skivvies and I really didn't want to startle him. Stepping inside Harry's room, I noticed how much it resembled an attic room and even had a gable window. With a window seat upholstered in striped shades of blue. Swallowing down my envy over the pretty room, my eyes swept the rest of the room. The southern-facing windows really brightened the room, bathing everything in warmth and sunniness (which did nothing to decrease my envy). Harry had lucked out view-wise, too. Since his room was on the third floor, he could see over the treetops to the shores of Lake Michigan, which was only a block from the inn. I noted Harry's watch on the nightstand, next to his reading glasses. He had his luggage arranged neatly in the corner and, presumably, today's outfit laid across an overstuffed chintz chair. Upon closer review, I espied the corner of an envelope sticking out of his suit jacket and wondered if that was my bonus check. Quickly, I strode across the room with the intention of…

"Miss! What are you doing?"

Crap. A maid would have to appear now. With a guilty start, I turned around to face one of Kitty's staff.

"I'm sorry, were you talking to me?"

"I don't see anyone else here, do I?"

I couldn't even fathom going through the whole story with her, so I made something up. I needed something to tell her, fast. Something that would justify being in Harry's room, without him.

"Oh, well, I'm just waiting for my lover, Harry." Lover? Oh my goodness, what had possessed me?

"Your lover?"

"Yes, yes, exactly. My lover. Harry and I became involved in a purely physical relationship the last time I went to Chicago and he visited me this weekend." Pleased with myself, I smiled in smug satisfaction.

"Hmmm… then you'd better tell that blonde who visited his room last night that you are his lover," the maid shot back, putting an icky emphasis on "lover."

Reading her name tag, I cleared my throat nervously, "We have an open relationship. Anyway, what do you want, Millicent? Can I help you?"

Millicent eyed me suspiciously, "No, no. I was just getting a leg up on cleaning the rooms."

I felt a pang of guilt. Cleaning the whole inn and without the benefit of an elevator must be difficult. Millicent's untidy grey hair and imposing manner made her seem older than I thought, but the job would even be tough for a younger woman. Maybe that's why Millicent was so bitter and cranky. I vowed to cut her some slack.

I said, with a forced lightness, "Then you should probably get started. I'm sure Kitty's wondering where you are. I guess I'll go then, too. Harry must have gone to breakfast without me. That scamp!"

At the doorway, Millicent and I parted ways. Waiting until Millicent turned the corner, I scuttled back into the room and again, tried to snag that envelope. But something distracted me and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a puddle of reddish brown water on the bathroom floor. Reddish brown water? Determined to investigate, I walked across the room. With a sinking feeling, I called, "Harry? Hello? Are you in here?"

No answer. Tentatively, I entered the bathroom and saw the source of the puddle. Watery blood was running out of the bathtub and onto the floor...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check out this mystery with a bit of fun and romance: Murder in Death's Door County (An Annie Malone Mystery)
An excerpt:
Startled, I leapt out of the car and looked down to see a man. In great pain. Writhing on the ground and holding his nose.

Immediately, I bent down over him, "Are you okay?" Oh dear! Oh dear! This isn't good! That makes two accidents in as many months. Just last month, I had t-boned a deputy sheriff's car. I still got teased about that.

"Wha ah you doig? Why did you opah ya dooh? I thing you brog mah noze! Aargh!"

I decided that the best defense is a strong offense. "Well, what do you think you were doing, sneaking up to my door! I was just about to get out of the car and assess the damage! Obviously, I didn't see you there! Do you think if I had seen you there I would have opened the door like that? Do you? Do you?"

By the time I had finished my tirade, he was vertical and staring at me as though I'd grown a second head.

The first thing I noticed about him was the gash across his nose and the profuse bleeding. The next thing I noticed was the scowl his mouth made. The last thing I noticed was that his piercing green eyes made me feel flush. Mentally, I admonished myself. A cute guy finally crosses my path and what do I do? Crash into his car and break his nose. Well, possibly break his nose. I wasn't a doctor and couldn't make a diagnosis. However, his nose was really bleeding a lot.

He kept glaring at me as he held his nose together. Silently, he handed me a business card and turned on his heel. Speechless, I stared after him.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TGIF! Snuggle Up with a Cozy Mystery for Only $2.99 (free to borrow with the Prime program)!!!

Check out this mystery with a bit of fun and romance: http://amzn.com/B00APPXD90

Murder in Death's Door County (An Annie Malone Mystery)

An excerpt:
Startled, I leapt out of the car and looked down to see a man. In great pain. Writhing on the ground and holding his nose.

Immediately, I bent down over him, "Are you okay?" Oh dear! Oh dear! This isn't good! That makes two accidents in as many months. Just last month, I had t-boned a deputy sheriff's car. I still got teased about that.

"Wha ah you doig? Why did you opah ya dooh? I thing you brog mah noze! Aargh!"

I decided that the best defense is a strong offense. "Well, what do you think you were doing, sneaking up to my door! I was just about to get out of the car and assess the damage! Obviously, I didn't see you there! Do you think if I had seen you there I would have opened the door like that? Do you? Do you?"

By the time I had finished my tirade, he was vertical and staring at me as though I'd grown a second head.

The first thing I noticed about him was the gash across his nose and the profuse bleeding. The next thing I noticed was the scowl his mouth made. The last thing I noticed was that his piercing green eyes made me feel flush. Mentally, I admonished myself. A cute guy finally crosses my path and what do I do? Crash into his car and break his nose. Well, possibly break his nose. I wasn't a doctor and couldn't make a diagnosis. However, his nose was really bleeding a lot.

He kept glaring at me as he held his nose together. Silently, he handed me a business card and turned on his heel. Speechless, I stared after him.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Snuggle Up with a Cozy Mystery for Only 99 cents (free to borrow with the Prime program)!!!

Check out this mystery with a bit of fun and romance: http://amzn.com/B00APPXD90

Everyone has had been stuck in a job they can't stand, right? In this cozy mystery, free-spirited Annie Malone needs to ditch her dull, drab job, but doesn't know how. She is in a rut. She needs a change, and fast. Thrown a lifeline from her moonlighting job as a ghostwriter, she packs her suitcase and heads up to idyllic Door County. Asked to ghostwrite a book for an impossible client by an almost-impossible editor, Annie wonders if she is in over her head. She needs the ghostwriting job, but is starting to suspect that all is not what it seems. Then Annie's editor turns up dead, and her client goes missing. Amid the chaos, she makes fast friends with a bartender, Lizzy, and these two women sleuth to clear Annie's name. Suddenly, the whole story changes and Annie herself is in danger. To top it all off, a dark mysterious stranger, Donovan Archer, is trying to romance her. Is Donovan who he says he is, and can he help her find her missing client? Annie doesn't know who she can trust until it is almost too late...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Check out this Cozy Mystery for Only 99 cents!! Free to borrow with the Prime program!!

A murder mystery with a bit of fun and romance set in beautiful Door County, Wisconsin: http://amzn.com/B00APPXD90

Everyone has had been stuck in a job they can't stand, right? In this cozy mystery, free-spirited Annie Malone needs to ditch her dull, drab job, but doesn't know how. She is in a rut. She needs a change, and fast. Thrown a lifeline from her moonlighting job as a ghostwriter, she packs her suitcase and heads up to idyllic Door County. Asked to ghostwrite a book for an impossible client by an almost-impossible editor, Annie wonders if she is in over her head. She needs the ghostwriting job, but is starting to suspect that all is not what it seems. Then Annie's editor turns up dead, and her client goes missing. Amid the chaos, she makes fast friends with a bartender, Lizzy, and these two women sleuth to clear Annie's name. Suddenly, the whole story changes and Annie herself is in danger. To top it all off, a dark mysterious stranger, Donovan Archer, is trying to romance her. Is Donovan who he says he is, and can he help her find her missing client? Annie doesn't know who she can trust until it is almost too late...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Check out this Fun Cozy Mystery!! Free to borrow with the Prime program!!

A murder mystery with a bit of fun and romance set in beautiful Door County, Wisconsin: http://amzn.com/B00APPXD90

Murder in Death's Door County (A Funny Cozy Mystery with a Bit of Romance)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts