Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
davistroy said:
Does anyone have new screen savers this AM? Seems like I have a new set.
Yeah seems to be. I have some that I have not seen before, and I know it's cycled several times since I got it last week. These are new. Guess they downloaded when I turned on the wireless service.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Leslie said:
What are some of the new ones?

L
Seems like some other writers Virginia Woolf,Alexandre Dumas, Jules Verne that's all I've seen so far.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
kevin63 said:
Seems like some other writers Virginia Woolf,Alexandre Dumas, Jules Verne that's all I've seen so far.
I have all of them. They aren't new.

L

·
Registered
921 Posts
Leslie said:
I have all of them. They aren't new.

L
Reallly? I've not seen them before and it seems like it has cycled more than once, I've seen some of the others quite a few times. That's strange. It's not like I haven't been paying attention either, I look at it when I put it to sleep and turn it on. Guess there's still more to see.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Even though they are supposed to cycle in order I feel like I see Oscar Wilde and Edgar Allan Poe 3x as often as I see some of the other folks.

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I have all those. The one with the birds is recycled from K1. I think the guy with the lions might be too. The one with the type was there before, but they updated the email address. The Kindle with the falling letters is completely new to the K2.

L

·
Registered
723 Posts
Leslie said:
I have all those. The one with the birds is recycled from K1. I think the guy with the lions might be too. The one with the type was there before, but they updated the email address. The Kindle with the falling letters is completely new to the K2.

L
I had them all.

Hmmm...

EL

·
Registered
921 Posts
davistroy said:
Sorry for the false alarm then. I just hadn't seen them before.
Yeah I've had those on mine since the beginning, but the ones I've mentioned, today was the 1st time I had seen them, but Leslie and some others had seen them all, so I don't know. Maybe I need to go to the eye doctor again, I'm starting to see things, lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was so happy to see the birds screensaver made it over from Kindle 1 - it was my favorite.  Oscar still gives me the creeps.

·
Registered
392 Posts
traceyreads said:
I was so happy to see the birds screensaver made it over from Kindle 1 - it was my favorite. Oscar still gives me the creeps.
Yeh - if they won't let us put our own on there, I sure wish they'd at least let us edit out the ones we don't want. It really does seem like Oscar, Poe, and Harriet Beecher Stowe come up way way too often. <grin>

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Aw, man, I was hoping this was true. :(

Yes, I've had all those since the beginning--and they're a huge improvement over Oscar, Jane, et al.

**impatiently waiting for a screensaver hack.....**

·
Registered
59 Posts
I wish they'd at least let us pick one we prefer to come up all the time.  I really don't like seeing the authors so much.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I cycled through mine, nothing new, in fact I know I'm missing at least one, the Hey Diddle Diddle:

Agatha Christie
St. Jerome by Durer
Charlotte Bronte
James Joyce
Virginia Woolf
Alexandre Dumas
Jules Verne
Kindle Feedback-coding device
Edgar Allan Poe
Erasmus by Holbein
Mark Twain
Harriet Beecher Stowe