Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,557 Posts
First I've heard of it. . . .I admit I don't see the need for a dedicated android search engine? 

It's not on Amazon as yet, so would have to be gotten elsewhere.  Of course it's on Google Play; I haven't looked to see if other stores like 1Mobile might have it.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thanks for posting, starrin.

This thread was the first I'd heard of this search engine, also. I've been using it for the last day now and I like it. It does seem to simplify the search process.

Instead of having to scroll through links and lists, results are posted in nice big boxes. There's also no need to click at the top to get to the Images or News page; the sections are divided horizontally. You swipe left and right to see more results.

Across the bottom is a toolbar tailored to your search term. For example, if I search 'cancer,' the toolbar includes categories for health, medications, and science.

A 'best tablet' search, however, shows tech and reviews.

I've found that some of the results will show in more than one category, and the scrolling goes from one result to the next, one at a time. I'm not sure if that's by design or because of my browser (Dolphin).

You can try it for yourself at izik.com (or watch a demo).

Ann, it is available at 1Mobile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts