Kindle Forum banner

New Sprint Commercial with Kindle

4K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  kindle zen 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen the newest Sprint commercial? I saw it on TV last night during Dancing with the Stars (or maybe it was American Idol). Anyway, the whole premise is how large their 3G network is and all that takes place at one time and one scene was a woman with a Kindle and they were talking about x number of women downloading books onto their Kindles. It was pretty neat.

#16 ·
kindle zen said:
you know why that last woman took off her sun glasses?...because her kindle screen suddenly faded in the sun. :p
cute commercial but i wish they had a close-up of the kindle
Well, it is, at bottom, a SPRINT commercial, not a Kindle commercial.

I think it's pretty good that they mention it at all. . . . .

(Does the Kindle look yellow to you? Or maybe that's just because they've made everything look a little yellow. Why yellow?)

Ann

#18 ·
Ann in Arlington said:

(Does the Kindle look yellow to you? Or maybe that's just because they've made everything look a little yellow. Why yellow?)

Ann
I thought it looked yellow, too.

#19 ·
LaraAmber said:
Only 38 women? Shouldn't it be "1,500 people are downloading the latest free book posted on Kindleboards"?

Lara Amber
I'm with ya on this one! Would have made a much bigger impact! (and would have been free advertizing for KB!)

#21 ·
Ann in Arlington said:

Ann
good point Ann. but i'd say not showing the kindle wouldn't be a good idea for sprint since amazon makes it clear the kindle uses the sprint network and that feature is what makes the kindle so capable and versatile. it's a win win for both companies to mention/show each others stuff which sprint did do but personally i would have included a brief closer view of the kindle's front to return the favor to amazon.

it does seem deliberate they had yellow in all the scenes shown so maybe the yellow color cast on the kindle back was done for the same reason or just to simulate sunlight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.