Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the newest Sprint commercial? I saw it on TV last night during Dancing with the Stars (or maybe it was American Idol). Anyway, the whole premise is how large their 3G network is and all that takes place at one time and one scene was a woman with a Kindle and they were talking about x number of women downloading books onto their Kindles. It was pretty neat.

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
The only surprise is that they didn't do commercials tying Kindle to Sprint sooner. . . . .

Ann

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
They forgot to mention the KindleBoards, lol.

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
LaraAmber said:
Probably for the imagery of the romance novel (big paperback sellers after all). I could see it "38 women (and one guy who won't admit it) are downloading the latest romance novel."

Lara Amber
Actually. . . .that would be funnier! :D

Ann

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Notice NO skins or Oberon covers?  Somebody needs to talk to those folks at the Sprint PR firm  :D

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Kool!  We will Kindleize the world!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I was downloading Lord of the Rings at the exact same time those 38 women were downloading their romance novels. Sexist commercial.  :)

Steve

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Great ad.  I would love to be doing any one of those things.  Unfortunately -- NO Spring coverage.  That is just wrong. 

·
Registered
194 Posts
you know why that last woman took off her sun glasses?...because her kindle screen suddenly faded in the sun.  :p
cute commercial but i wish they had a close-up of the kindle

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
kindle zen said:
you know why that last woman took off her sun glasses?...because her kindle screen suddenly faded in the sun. :p
cute commercial but i wish they had a close-up of the kindle
Well, it is, at bottom, a SPRINT commercial, not a Kindle commercial.

I think it's pretty good that they mention it at all. . . . .

(Does the Kindle look yellow to you? Or maybe that's just because they've made everything look a little yellow. Why yellow?)

Ann

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ann in Arlington said:
Well, it is, at bottom, a SPRINT commercial, not a Kindle commercial.

I think it's pretty good that they mention it at all. . . . .

(Does the Kindle look yellow to you? Or maybe that's just because they've made everything look a little yellow. Why yellow?)

Ann
I thought it looked yellow, too.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
LaraAmber said:
Only 38 women? Shouldn't it be "1,500 people are downloading the latest free book posted on Kindleboards"?

Lara Amber
I'm with ya on this one! Would have made a much bigger impact! (and would have been free advertizing for KB!)

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bet they chose women on a beach because that's what Amazon themselves chose in the video Amazon made on Amazons Kindle 2 home page.  /shrug

1 - 20 of 21 Posts