Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So, found this Stieff plush teddy bear in a consignment shop in Fredericksburg, VA. I'm looking for the perfect name, and was thinking something German would be great. Ideas? My other Stieff bear came with a tag that said "Molly" but the new one doesn't seem to have ever had a name, from the research I've done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Atunah will probably have the best suggestions, but I personally would go with "Siegfried."

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
So its a boy?  ;D

I'd have to think about it a bit. Mischa, Felix, Marko, Basti short for Sebastian are some that come to mind just looking at him.

That is one adorable little bear though.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Cute little guy!

How about Hugo, like my grandson. ;)

Hugo is a surname and male given name of Germanic origin Hugo, meaning "Bright in Mind and Spirit" or "intelligence".

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ooh, lots of good suggestions so far!  From everyone!

I find it interesting that one of your suggestions, Atunah, is Marko.  My Yugoslav great uncle in Hibbing was named Marko.  (Pretty sure he was Slovene, but he might have been Croatian--my grandmother was Slovene and my grandfather Croatian.)

Thinking...

Betsy

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Ooh, lots of good suggestions so far! From everyone!

I find it interesting that one of your suggestions, Atunah, is Marko. My Yugoslav great uncle in Hibbing was named Marko. (Pretty sure he was Slovene, but he might have been Croatian--my grandmother was Slovene and my grandfather Croatian.)

Thinking...

Betsy
Yeah, I think its also greek from Markos.

I love that we have a Hibbing mention in a thread about stuffed german bears. ;D

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Ooh, lots of good suggestions so far! From everyone!

I find it interesting that one of your suggestions, Atunah, is Marko. My Yugoslav great uncle in Hibbing was named Marko. (Pretty sure he was Slovene, but he might have been Croatian--my grandmother was Slovene and my grandfather Croatian.)

Thinking...

Betsy
If there's a Hibbing connection, you have to choose Marko.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Atunah said:
Yeah, I think its also greek from Markos.

I love that we have a Hibbing mention in a thread about stuffed german bears. ;D
All things lead to Hibbing.
;D

Betsy

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake' said:
If there's a Hibbing connection, you have to choose Marko.
Lots of good names here, but that might be the deciding factor! Still thinking. Consulting with the new bear.
:D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After consulting with the new bear and hubby, we've decided that Marko is the perfect name--German roots and connection to family and Hibbing!  What could be better.  And alliteration with my other Stieff bear, Molly. 

Thanks to everyone but especially Atunah!

Betsy

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
After consulting with the new bear and hubby, we've decided that Marko is the perfect name--German roots and connection to family and Hibbing! What could be better. And alliteration with my other Stieff bear, Molly.

Thanks to everyone but especially Atunah!

Betsy
Congratulations, Marko, and welcome to the KB family.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts