1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
I can see that being important in fishing tournaments. In a situation where prize money is involved, lying about the size or number of fish would be pretty much like stealing.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Thank Goodness it is still OK to lie about the Armadillos !!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Dara England said:
I can see that being important in fishing tournaments. In a situation where prize money is involved, lying about the size or number of fish would be pretty much like stealing.
True, but there are already laws against fraud on the books and they've gotten at least one conviction (mentioned in the article) based on those existing fraud laws. Seems redundant to make a specific law regarding fishing tournaments. Though, the way I read the article it sounds like there was already a law like this dealing with freshwater tournaments, and this law deals with saltwater tournaments. If that's the case I guess it makes sense to balance it out.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
This is a harsh law.  Don't they understand that we men are born with a disability that causes us to overestimate the size of things?

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
spotsmom said:
Well, NapCat, you sure get around...

Been around the world, 49/50 States....moved 56 times.

That is why there is no "Mrs. Cat" or kittens......sigh...the price of "high adventure".......

·
Registered
335 Posts
About time. Grandfathers everywhere have been getting away with murder for too long. "It was thiiiis big" indeed. Lock 'em all up, I say.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Chad Winters (#102) said:
if it becomes a felony to lie, we may run out of politicians.....
It already is a felony to lie to a federal officer even if what you are misrepresenting isn't an offense. See Martha Stewart. My link above just says it all for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts