Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I found these boards just a couple of days ago, and think i'm going to have fun here! I'm a kindle-aholic, and read constantly. I used to overwhelm my husband with books piling up all over the bedroom and the house, and now I just have my kindle and my old favorites. But I haven't bought any new paper-books in months and he's happy about that!

A short intro- I'm Shana, mom to 3 boys, age 5 and twins that are 20 months. I'm disabled with a very bad back, and love the convenience and quality of life the kindle gives me. I can't lift or carry around heavy books, and I spend a lot of time in doctor's offices or in coffee shops between appointments. and now I don't go and blow 5 bucks every day on a magazine I finish within minutes. I even blogged about my kindle :)

http://life-on-the-rollercoaster.blogspot.com/2008/12/my-new-best-friend.html

I love almost all genres of literature, but especially historical fiction. I like to reread my favorites over and over again- I'm a fast reader and they are like old friends. Some of my all time favorites include the Outlander series (was thrilled to see the threads here!), Clan of the Cave Bear series, the Mary Russell series by Laurie King (SO good), and a lot of Leon Uris' books. I devour them all, and am always looking for more.

Now i'm off to go find a case for my kindle. I had no idea there were so many options!!! I think the accessory board is going to be dangerous...

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Shanna! Be careful over there in Accessories, you will also find out about skins, lights purses, bags sleeves, screen covers... The list goes on and on.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Shana - Glad to have you join us.  We have lots of good ideas for books that are kindelized and good for reading, just hop on over to the Book Klub where you will find lots of good books for "free"  (yippeeeee).  One good historical fiction is Gone for a Soldier by our very own author Jeff H - you might check it out as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts