Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might seem really minor, but I always worry over the small details.

I'm fairly new to Goodreads and am looking to do my first giveaway. There is an option to include a preview epub file with it. Do most authors do this? It would require some extra work for me to create since I am on Kindle only at the moment, but I would be willing to do it if it's something the goodreads members come to expect, rather than relying on them to go to my Amazon page. Basically I don't want to disappoint anyone  :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kathrynoh said:
As far as I'm aware, you can only do GR giveaways with paper books.
True, which is what I'm looking to do. However on the page where you register for your giveaway, they have a check box for providing an epub preview for goodreads users to view in their browsers. It kind of caught me off guard and I was curious if anyone actually does that.

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
I use https://www.draft2digital.com/ to create a preview epub that I can post on Goodreads. I make it contain only the preview, and I explain at the end by adding something like, "This is the end of the Goodreads preview. Here are links where you can buy the complete eBook."

Many many Goodreads users think they are reading the whole book there and post puzzled comments about how it just ends. I suspect sometimes the whole book does get served there, unless you only post an excerpt.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have provided an ebook copy on both my giveaways, although I've no idea if it's made a difference. I've already uploaded an epub version before hosting the giveaway, so it didn't give me an option to upload a new one. I assume it's continuing to upload the 25% version I've offered.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Matthew Milson said:
This might seem really minor, but I always worry over the small details.

I'm fairly new to Goodreads and am looking to do my first giveaway. There is an option to include a preview epub file with it. Do most authors do this? It would require some extra work for me to create since I am on Kindle only at the moment, but I would be willing to do it if it's something the goodreads members come to expect, rather than relying on them to go to my Amazon page. Basically I don't want to disappoint anyone :D
I saw this when I set up my giveaway (my first too), but didn't I upload anything. I'm not sure how many authors offer a preview, but I figured anyone interested could go to Amazon, etc. for a preview. I'm up to over 50 readers (so far) chasing two free books, so I'm not really that concerned that I didn't offer one.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I've never uploaded a preview and have had about 1000 entries (over a month) for both of my giveaways on something super niche-y.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts