Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have had my Kindle 2 less than a month and I adore it.  I forsee an obsession coming on with covers though.  I had initially purchased the prodigy by M-edge.I hated it I found the extra room for the light made it seem to bulky to me so i purchased a noreve and I love it so far but have noticeda couple area's on it where the leather is already wearing which is odd because it just sits next to me in my wheelchair when I'm not reading.  I am now looking for another cover just in case the places get too bad on the noreve.  I have been looking at the boberra covers and would like opinions on them from people who have them.  Are they easy to use with one hand?  I only have the use of my right hand?  are they secure?  any information would be greatly appreciated.
Misty

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm sorry to hear your Noreve cover is showing wear.  I have one.  I've used it every day since it arrived and it shows no wear at all.  The difference might be that I keep it in a neoprene case, which has a silky surface that is unlikely to abrade the Noreve leather. 

About Bobarra: I have two and I like them, though they are not my favorite covers.  They are lightweight, the front folds back flat, and it's easy to hold.  I don't care for the elastic corners, but they work just fine for me.  (Other people have said the Kindle slips out of the elastics, and while I can definitely see how that could happen it hasn't happened to me.)  My Bobarra covers are attractive on the outside, but I prefer the Amazon hinge and the Noreve rail system for security and also for appearance.

What might be rubbing against your cover when you aren't reading?  Where are the worn areas?  You might want to consider stashing your Kindle in a different place or in some way that would provide better protection for your cover.  The unfortunate fact is that while covers protect the Kindle the cover needs protection too if they are going to stay looking nice. 

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a tiny place by the charging port where the leather looks to be pulling apart and developing a whole.  I Love my noreve and I do have a borsabella travel bag on the way.  I was just looking at possible options down the road if its needed

·
Registered
435 Posts
Oh, I see.  When you said the leather was "wearing" I visualized something else.

What you described isn't wear.  The leather should not be pulling apart.  I suggest you call Noreve's customer service, and see what can be done.  It might help to e-mail a picture if you can do that.  If they can't repair it for you, and if they won't replace it (which I think they should) perhaps you could take it to a leather shop for repair.

The cover should last a long time, especially if you keep it in the bag you mentioned. 

1 - 4 of 4 Posts