Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I'll have lots of questions, but here's my first one:

My favorite author's (Jodi Picoult) new book comes out on March 3rd.  How quickly will it be available for my Kindle?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Could be right away, could be a little while. It depends on publisher. If she is a really popular author, it could be right away, and alot cheaper than buying in the bookstore.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well, Amazon (or the publisher) have been tinkering with the prices, so I'm not sure how much cheaper it will be.  Example, Susan Elizabeth Phillips new novel was released on 1/27 and the Amazon and target hardcover price was $17.15.  The Kindle price on 1/27 was $14.47.  Not much cheaper.  HOWEVER, 1 week later, Amazon dropped the Kindle Price to 9.99.  I am one of those people who will refuse to buy the kindle novels over 9.99 (Unless the hardcover is over $25).  Once the paperback version of the novels come out at 7.99, I see the kindle price dropping to 7.99 or lower. I'm fine with paying the paperback price on kindle, I just feel that amazon should discount the hardcover price by 25% for the kindle.  If they don't, I'll wait till they do or buy the hardcover.  That's my plan, we'll see if I stick to it.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I find that if you wait for a week after the book is released the price drops to $9.99. You need to wait for it to hit the best seller list. If you are like me and you can't wait, you will probably pay around $15.99.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Jamielove21 said:
I'm sure I'll have lots of questions, but here's my first one:

My favorite author's (Jodi Picoult) new book comes out on March 3rd. How quickly will it be available for my Kindle?

Thanks!!
Welcome Jamie, we have the Intro/Welcome Board for new members to make an introduction. Helps us all get to know each other better and you the opportunity to receive a warm welcome.

Some books are made available for pre order, you will find that info on Amazon. If you can't pre order it should be available March 3rd as long as it is Kindlized.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hi Jamie... welcome to KindleBoards and congrats on your first post! As you can see, there are no "cut in stone" answers for your question. Some authors/publishers are so on board with eBooks that Kindle versions can be pre-ordered just like the DTV, while others seems to take a bit longer. I have noticed that right before the release of a new book, the author's previous Kindle book prices usually go way down, especially if it is part of a series. It proves to be a great way to get people hooked! Happened to me twice!!  ;) Again... welcome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts