Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!  I am a new Kindle user from Washington State.  My Kindle is wrapped in a dark brown Cole Hahn weaved leather cover, which I just love.  So far I have purchased two books, "Animals Make Us Human" and "Escape" and I have downloaded several free classics.  Since I am new I have a question.  Why doesn't the kindle show pictures of the cover?  It does on some of the free books.  And also, one of the books I purchased won't save my spot and it is the only book I have a problem with.  Should I contact Amazon about that?  Anyway, I have probably read more in the last two weeks than I have in the last two years.  I am really loving my Kindle.  Song

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Song Catcher said:
Hi everyone! I am a new Kindle user from Washington State. My Kindle is wrapped in a dark brown Cole Hahn weaved leather cover, which I just love. So far I have purchased two books, "Animals Make Us Human" and "Escape" and I have downloaded several free classics. Since I am new I have a question. Why doesn't the kindle show pictures of the cover? It does on some of the free books. And also, one of the books I purchased won't save my spot and it is the only book I have a problem with. Should I contact Amazon about that? Anyway, I have probably read more in the last two weeks than I have in the last two years. I am really loving my Kindle. Song
Welcome Song.

I have the Animals book, but haven't read it yet. Most of the books have covers that are viewable from the menu screen, but not all. I have no idea why the book won't save your place -- I'd see in Amazon knows.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Song catcher! KindleBoards is made up of people who love to read and really love to read on the Kindle. The publishers are the ones who decide  to include cover art when they put an ebook together. Believe it or not, the picture can take a sizable portion of the download, so many choose not to include it.Some people have reported to the board that some of their books have not savedthe place that they quit reading and it appears to be related to how the book was formatted when it was converted. You can let Amazon know about your trouble. While you are at our site, check out the Tips, Tricks and Trouble shooting  Area for information on using your Kindle, and the Accessories area for ideas on other things you may want for your "precious." Any other questions, ask away. There are many knowledgeable people here, someone will have your answer. Glad to have you with us!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Song Catcher - nice to have you join us, and as it was said, don't hesitate to ask questions, someone will answer or lead you to an answer.  8)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome. I have found that some books start at the beginning of the story. If you bring up the menu, there should be an option to go to cover. I was confused on this as well when I first started reading books on the Kindle. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts