Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, from Ron,

From Amazon profile:

I enjoy family and friends and sharing quality time with them. I am gregarious in public, yet introspective in my solitude. I enjoy sharing life's events with special friends in person or on the Internet. Life has been good to me and given me a few cherished individuals with whom to share it. An adage from the Good Book is a constant reminder for me: "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."

Some interests:

Reading, Piano, Travel, Golf, Stage plays, Movies of quality, College football, College basketball, Learning, Communicating with others, Computers, and other.

Great site you have here!

Best regards to all,

Lisztener

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Ron! Thank you for the introduction. Yes this really is a good site, lots to learn and do. Have you been to our area, The Book Corner? Many threads with info about goods reads there, including Recommended by our Members and additional sites for Book Lovers. Another area is the Book Bazaar where our member authors post about their books. It is also where you will find threads about Bargain Books and Free Books!
The FAQ or Tips, Tricks and TroubleShooting are the boards to go to when you have a question or just ask, someone will most likely be able to help you and we think no question is dumb.
Let's Talk Kindle is the place to go to discuss all things in the Kindle World.
Next would be Photo Gallery, where members post pictures about their pets, landscapes, birds or just about anything they think someone else might be interested in.
Accessories is where to look if you ar thinking of personalizing yur Kindle. Skins, covers, lights, bags, sleeves and many other things are discussed and pictured here.
Hope you continue to love your Kindle and enjoy KIndleBoards.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome to the Boards, Ron.  You're right, we do have a great site here.
Looking forward to reading more of your posts.
deb

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Welcome and enjoy KB

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow!

This welcome by all of you is and was quite unexpected and touching. It's important for me to always keep in mind that behind every user ID and each post, there is another real person like me with all the attributes of character that make us unique, and the varied experiences of life that add to our character. I appreciate the the time you have taken for the kind reception offered to me.

Thank you, one and all,

Lisztener - Ron

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome! (Everyone here is so nice, aren't they?! I'm a newbie myself and already totally addicted!)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sanveann said:
Welcome! (Everyone here is so nice, aren't they?! I'm a newbie myself and already totally addicted!)
Hello Alexis,

I see in your signature that the cute little baby is either Matthew or Eli...cute baby boy, my two sons are much older. I also see that for a newbie you have been spending quite a bit of time posting on these boards rather than reading, tsk-tsk, (teasing, I'm trying my best to keep from becoming addicted).

I'm truly amazed that someone from Michigan can be so nice to a native Ohioan, but I truly am happy that you commented. :)

I've made a list of twenty-four classic novels on Amazon's Listmania! and I'd like to post a link to it here on the Kindleboards, but I haven't become familiar enough with the boards to know the appropriate thread in which to post it. I hope that neither you nor the moderator mind me posting it here for beginners and maybe later in its proper place.

I'll know after posting the links, (one to my Amazon profile, the other to the list) if these boards display "hot" links.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AE1CWSNBSSCIO (profile)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/listmania/fullview/R3NO51LHXMLLZD/ref=cm_rna_own_lm (Listmania! list)

Thank you for letting me borrow the space in this post to you for my self-serving interests. Feel free to return the favor? at your leisure should you so desire.

I have read only four of the novels within my list. Further, I have all twenty-four on my Kindle 2 ready for me to finish Middlemarch before tackling another of these greats.

I'll close with my best wishes to you with your favorite reading on this fantastic technological marvel...the Kindle family of e-readers, and with my regards to you for your words to a fellow newbie on these boards.

Sincerely,

Ron - Lisztener

PS - What comprises the "Furry Horde"?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome Ron!  We do have a very friendly, talented group here on KindleBoards.  I think you'll fit in just fine. ;D
jp

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Hi there :)
Glad you found the boards.I am sure you will love it here as much as the rest of us do :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome Ron!  I'm sure you'll find this a comforting place to sit down and stay a while.
jp

1 - 15 of 15 Posts