Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just joined KindleBoards, however, I have been reading since I got my Kindle on October 30, 2008.  Yes I was one of the lucky ones that got in on the Oprah discount and actually received my Kindle the day after I ordered it (it was so worth it to pay for the next day delivery and it still cost less than the usual Kindle price). This is the only on-line community I have ever joined and have never posted any comments to anything. There is alot of great information here as well as funny content.

I have downloaded and read several books and still have several to read, I love the WhisperNet feature.  I love to read and always carried a book or two with me everywhere I went and now with my Kindle I always have several books at hand to read and take it with me all the time, much more convenient.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome B-Kay and congrats on your first post! This is also my first on line community but I love it here. We have bookklubs starting today, check it out in The Book Corner. I think you will find us to be a friendly, fun group.

Glad you are here,
Linda

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello B-Kay.  I got my Kindle in the same time and manner that you did. 

I haven't downloaded many books, because I am a slow reader.  But I have downloaded MANY samples.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome B-Kay - this is also my first on line community and I am afraid I have become addicted.

Glad to have you here.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome B-Kay, and welcome to the world of online social networking. You picked a great group to start with. We are a fun and friendly bunch!

L

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
B-kay,

welcome to Kindleboards and congratulations on your Kindle and your first posts!  Did I see you joined the Outlander Book Klub?  Hooray! (If I remembered that right, LOL!)

We've got lots of good stuff in Tips, Trick and Troubleshooting, in Let's Talk Kindle and in the Book Corner.  AND Accessories is a LOT of fun.  Then, when you want to just goof off, you can go to Not Quite Kindle!  And wait, there's more....

Have fun!

Betsy

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi ya B-kay!  Welcome!

I think you will find this forum to be one of the friendliest around. ;)

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi everyone!  Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yes Betsy, I did join the Book Klub and downloaded Outlander.  I have already read this book and sequals but look forward to enjoying it again and discussing it with other readers.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hello, B-Kay -

Welcome Aboard!

Glad to have you join this great bunch of Kindle owners & just plain readers. 

The Outlander book club is a big hit - I can't believe the number of people in the club now, and that does not include all those who decided not to "raise their hand"!

Look forward to your input there,

Marci

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
The Outlander book club is a big hit - I can't believe the number of people in the club now, and that does not include all those who decided not to "raise their hand"!
I was just looking at the "roll call." I think they are at about 58 readers.

L

·
Registered
447 Posts

B-Kay it's great to have you here. It's always more fun to own something that someone else has and you can share the experience.

I bought my first Kindle in December 2007. Then I bought another one and gave it to my sister. I kept the account in my name and I'm able to share my almost 500 books with her. We like a lot of the same books, movies, music, tv etc...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts