Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my name is Liz B and I just signed in. I ordered my Kindle on Dec 25 (useing all the gift cards I got!) I hope to have my kindle Feb25 - March 5. I have a question, I tried to add a free book to my not yet here kindle and couldn't. When I contacted customer service they told me I couldn't add anything till I actually register my kindle. This is in direct contrast to what I have seen on the boards (been reading for a month now). Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
IF you have a Kindle assigned to you you should be able to go to Manage my Kindle and name it and set e-mail addresses and all.  You should also be able to buy books. . .even free ones.  My understanding is it gets registered as soon as it's assigned, though occasionally they've arrived and not been registered.

Others here may be able to tell you more. . .or you might want to call back and talk to someone else. . .they might be able to give you another answer. . .or a better explanation.

Good Luck, and Welcome to KindleBoards.  Hangin' out here will surely make the time go faster.

Ann

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Hi Liz and welcome to KB!

I was able to puchase books prior to delivery of my Kindle. It was my understanding that once your Kindle is registered you can purchase books.

Hang out with us while you are waiting for delivery.

Linda

·
Registered
325 Posts
Welcome to the boards!

Did you have a look in your Amazon account under the "Manage My Kindle" to see if there's a Kindle registered with your account?

Edit: I'm not 100% sure, but you may have to have One-Click ordering enabled to get samples.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Liz, welcome! Glad to have you here.

There are varying stories about registering a Kindle in advance of its arrival. My experience was that I needed the serial number -- once Amazon had that, my Kindle was registered and I could order books.

Other folks have been able to buy books even without the serial number. I guess you'll just have to check your Amazon account and see what works/doesn't work for you.

L

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the welcome and the help with downloading! I just got my kindle registered and downloaded a book! :) Now if I can just get my kindle here life would be GOOD!

Liz

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Liz - Glad you came out of lurking and got your kindle on order AND ordering your books!  YEA!

Nice to have you here.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome, Liz -

How exciting that you were able to register your Kindle and have some books waiting for its arrival.

Glad to see you found your way here to the KB, it's a great place to share and learn.

Keep us posted on your Kindle's journey to you by joining the Official "I'm Waiting for My Kindle" thread.

Cheers,

Marci

·
Registered
496 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what state do you live in? I'm just wondering if that has anything to do with the shipping dates. I ordered mine a week earlier than you, but my ship date goes out to April 3rd  :-[

1 - 13 of 13 Posts