Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...  I'm a soon to be Kindle owner, I just ordered mine off Ebay... hope its good.  I'm currently a student at UC Davis, and study English.  This Kindle is gonna be great, being as I generally drop $100 a class on classic literature.  This things gonna pay for itself in one school year.  Let's see, I'm a musician (or so I like to think).  I play guitar and some keys, but my current project is working on my small laptop based studio here in my apartment.  Its actually hard for me to tell what I do more, read books, listen to music, or play music.  As for books I enjoy...  I have always been a sci-fi fan (especially the young adult genre: TA Barron, JK Rowling of course), I also enjoy a lot of general fiction.  I'm currently working on Dead Until Dark, the first in a series of vamp novels by Charlaine Harris.  Well, I look forward to posting lots in the future, have a good night all... 

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome Brandon,
Keep us posted on the status of your kindle.  There is a thread on waiting for kindle to arrive.  You will find lots of helpful information here.  And I'm sure you're going to enjoy your kindle reading as much as the rest of us.  Also go to the Book Corner and check out the different threads there.  There are many posts on how to get classic literature for free.  My daughter is also an English major at UNC-Asheville.  She and my youngest son found a list of the top 100 classics.  They have been working on reading all of them for about 3 years now.  It's been great fun looking in antique stores and other places for older versions for their bookshelf. 
Again, welcome and look forward to more of your posts.
debbie

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Brandon and welcome from another guitar strumming Kindle reader ;)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Brandon, welcome! So glad to have you here.

I think we have another member who is also a student at UC Davis, if I am remembering correctly -- Micdiddy.

L

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Brandon,

welcome to Kindleboards, let us know when you get your Kindle!  We love being on Kindlewatch!

We've got an online Dead Until Dark book klub beginning January 21st!  Our book klubs don't have meetings (mostly), just post anytime during the week on the chapters we're reading that week, makes it easy to work into a schedule!  For more information, and lots of free book recommendations, check out the Book Corner!  Also, start reading the Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting now so you'll be ready when your Kindle arrives!

Betsy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got my tracking number, should be here tomorrow! And I ordered last night... Fast... I'm soooo excited. Thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Brandon and congrats on ordering a Kindle! You are going to love it. Check out Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting as you wait, there is a ton of good Kindle info there. Be sure and post once you receive your Kindle.

Linda

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Great to have you here Brandon.  We have some kindle authors here in the sci/fi genre, and they aren't too bad to read.  But then I don't know from good sci/fi just what I like to read, just about everything.  You will enjoy your kindle for the classics and will save money in the long run.  Best of luck on your studies!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, Brandon -

Welcome Aboard!

Great to hear that you snagged a reborn Kindle & that it may (have already?) be coming soon.  Do let us know when you receive it!  We love sharing Kindle Watches and welcomes  :D

What kind of music do you play on the guitar?  Are you in a band or just play by yourself.  I love guitars and am a beginning student of the instrument myself...

Glad to have you here,

Marci

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Brandon12,

Glad to hear you are a JKRowlings fan, I like it too. Along with Mark Twain being my first love.

Nice to have you here.

-sailor

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Welcome.

You are going to love your kindle.  ;)

Check out the free book thread.  There's a long list of places to pick up the classics for free.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts