Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just noticed this (apologies if it's old news and there's already a thread).

Looks like Amazon added a cool new feature to showcase books that aren't necessarily bestsellers in categories but that have top ratings. My Encrypted is an example (doesn't sell enough to make a Top 100 list but now it's in a Top 100 rated list):

http://www.amazon.com/Encrypted-ebook/dp/B004IZLFO8/

Anyone know more about this? New feature? Something sticking around? Kinda cool IMO!

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Very cool for the legit books, but it's also going to create some "top rated" books that are full of 5-star reviews by sock puppets. Check near the top of the fantasy and science fiction categories and you'll see what I mean.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MosesSiregarIII said:
Very cool for the legit books, but it's also going to create some "top rated" books that are full of 5-star reviews by sock puppets. Check near the top of the fantasy and science fiction categories and you'll see what I mean.
Ah, yes, I did see a couple where the number of reviews didn't really jive with the sales ranking. Well, we'll see how it pans out. I love the idea of bringing attention to authors who doesn't necessarily sell a bazillion copies but who have wonderful stories.

I did notice that a book seems to need a certain number of reviews before it will be counted in, so maybe that'll make it more challenging for folks to game the system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts