Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this is already a strategy many of you use, but just yesterday I figured out a great way of keeping track of all the books that people have recommended to me. I have a ton of samples that I've downloaded at the recommendation of friends, or bargain books that I just bought from the bargain thread here on Kindleboards. They are all just randomly on my Kindle.

Yesterday I realized that I could make a note on the front page of each book or sample. In the note I wrote, "Recommended by Aunt Jenny" or "Oprah top 10" or something like that. Not only will this help me when I am browsing through the books/samples, but I can also SEARCH this way! So if I can't remember what book it was that Aunt Jenny was going on and on about, I can quickly find it through the note.

Anyhow, Just thought this was a cool way of organizing, since we don't have folders.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Hey, I like this idea.  I can also type a brief synopsis into the note, so that later I can remember why I thought this book would  be interesting!

Betsy

G

·
That is a great idea.  The Kindle and it's clever users never ceas to amaze me.  Then again I am amazed by shadow puppets.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I wish I had read this earlier!  Just this morning, I was so tired of having 6 pages of books/samples, I just deleted almost everything!
If I couldn't remember why it was there, I deleted it!  (This goes for those freebies I can't resist, but never seem to read! :-[)

Thanks for the great idea!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Great idea!  I didn't even think that a search would look at the notes.

This will come in handy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts